Are you beginning a career in Design Engineering, having recently qualified or having some commercial experience to build upon and seeking a role that will allow you to develop your skills and career further in a well-established and welcoming business?
Do you enjoy utilising your initiative and design skills to come up with innovative solutions for the customer, as well as having the ability to translate these into manufacturing drawings?
Do you enjoy working closely with customers and consider yourself to have excellent communication and relationship building skills?
If so, the role of Design Engineer for this close-knit and well-established firm could be exactly the challenge you seek.
In order to meet with customers as required, a Full Driving Licence is essential.
As a Design Engineer, you will join an existing Design Team who form part of a collaborative Engineering department.
You will liaise with the Customer to identify industrial packaging requirements for the protection, handling, transportation and storage of high value items.
Your detail-orientated and innovative approach and ability to ask the right questions will allow you to the requirement from the customer (internal or external), design, oversee prototype production, test, validate and provide technical drawings to initiate production.
These designs could be for disposable packaging systems, returnable packaging systems or other tooling equipment such as containers, trolleys, rack, stillages or workbenches.
Skills & Experience sought:
- Experience of 3D CAD design, using Autodesk Inventor or similar - either via education or commercial experience
- Ideally educated to degree level in an Engineering subject or alternatively with equivalent experience
- Experience of steel fabrication and/or timber manufacture advantageous, but not essential
- Ability to think creatively to develop and design new products and translate them into manufacturing drawings
- Experience of reviewing drawings, specifications and cost data
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, to meet deadlines
- Technical Drawing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job