Graduate Trainee Company Secretarial Assistant - Advisory Firm
Overview of the Company Secretarial profession:
Are you ready to take on early responsibility? Are you keen to combine skills in law, business and finance? Are you looking for a varied role with quick progression? Why not start a career as a Company Secretary?
Company Secretaries prepare information packs for directors and chairmen, keep a record of discussions and decisions (minutes and resolutions) and undertake corporate administration (legal filings with Companies House).
Our client is a high profile advisory firm, with a dedicated company secretarial division that specialises in the provision of company secretarial services to a broad client porfolio of large UK and Global companies.
Whilst not comprehensive, responsibilities may include:
- Preparing annual returns, co-coordinating and documenting board approval and the filing of accounts for all entities managed by the company secretarial team.
- Assisting with a wide range of ad hoc company secretarial matters including company strike-offs, company/LLP formations, dividends, officer changes, changes to articles, share redemptions, company re-registrations, name changes, membership voluntary liquidation and Data Protection registration renewals.
- Assisting with share allotments to investors in conjunction with fund teams, custodians and registrars.
- Maintaining the statutory registers and minute books for all companies and LLPs using company secretarial software (Blueprint).
- Supporting team with the annual general meeting arrangements .
- Supporting the team with arranging board meetings for group entities.
- Ensuring all Companies House filings are completed in accordance with statutory requirements, including accounts and annual returns for all companies.
- Assisting with the preparation of board packs required for board meetings using specialist software.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong interest in the company secretarial profession and a desire to gain experience to launch a future career in the profession.
- Previous company secretarial experience through employment or a placement would be advantageous but is not essential as full training and study leave support will be given.
- Strong degree level academic background; a 2:1 LLB Law degree or similar is advantageous.
- Personable, discrete, confident, articulate and able to establish strong relationships with individuals at all levels of seniority.
- Highly organised, thorough, demonstrates good attention to detail and a proactive, flexible approach.
- Good IT skills to include, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and ideally Excel.
Does this sound like you? Apply today to find out more!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"