Graduate Trainee Buyer
Kronospan has an opportunity for a Graduate Trainee Buyer to join our Purchasing team based in Chirk, North Wales. Joining us on a full time, permanent basis, will receive a competitive salary and on going training and development both domestically and internationally.
At Kronospan we pride ourselves on delivering “Wood Perfected” and have invested in innovation since 1897. As the world leader in the production of wood based panel products, we are seeking a talented, ambitious and passionate Graduate Trainee Buyer who can add real value to the Purchasing team.
Key responsibilities of our Graduate Trainee Buyer:
- Determining purchasing requirements by reviewing inventories and purchase requests
- Determining specifications by analysing use requirements; consulting with users
- Identifying suppliers by researching materials, equipment, and supplies availability; evaluating alternatives; verifying supplier performance record and certification
- Obtaining quotes by forwarding requirements to supplier
- Placing orders by negotiating price, terms, and delivery
- Ensuring materials, equipment, and supplies availability by tracking and expediting delivery
- Resolving discrepancies and negotiates credits and refunds
- Maintaining historical records by filing purchasing documents
- Improving quality results by analysing materials, equipment, supplies, and supplier reliability; recommending changes
- Developing category plans to achieve best value for assigned expenditure categories and achieving cost savings through substitution, negotiation or rationalisation
- Updating job knowledge by attending trade shows; reading professional publications; and maintaining professional networks
Skills, knowledge and experience required by our Graduate Trainee Buyer:
Graduates who are creative, committed and courageous. We need people who can break new ground and who willingly take on responsibility.
You will be expected with our support to study towards your Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) professional qualifications.
Just some of what we are able to offer our Graduate Trainee Buyer:
- Attractive salary
- Exciting and challenging work
- Continued training, support and career development
- The opportunity to work with and learn from industry leading people both domestically and internationally who are committed to excellence
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as our Graduate Trainee Buyer please click ‘Apply’ below.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"