This is the perfect role for an ambitious Graduate who is looking to study ACCA or CIMA and qualify as an Accountant.
A rare opportunity to join a leading Merchant Bank based in the City which has arisen due to company growth. Our client is looking for a driven and enthusiastic graduate to join their finance team.
You'll be tasked in aiding finance function in all aspects of bookkeeping through to financial reporting.
The Finance department is responsible for all Regulatory and Statutory reporting to external parties as well as providing financial planning and business analysis to internal stakeholders. The Financial Control team sits within the Finance team and is responsible for all management accounting and control of cash in and out of the bank. The Finance department is a core support function within the bank and in addition to the regular duties team members will be expected to support adhoc requests from internal stakeholders.
Primarily, the role will support the Financial Control Team and will include involvement in the production of the monthly management accounts, annual reports and take shared ownership of the payments process and bank reconciliations, including management of cash and purchase ledger accounts. The team member will also be involved in project work including developing new systems, testing improvements to existing software, investigate work to support management reporting and data analysis.
KEY RESULT AREAS or ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ownership of payments procedures including cash management
- Preparing daily nostro reconciliations including posting journals
- Full accounts payable process including management of purchase and related general ledgers
- Maintenance of suspense accounts
- Maintaining good internal stakeholder relationships and serving as a central point of contact for business line queries
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS (List positions)
Primary Internal Contacts:
- Finance Assistants
- Finance Manager
- Business line heads and their payments teams
Primary External Contacts:
The successful candidate will be:
- Strong academic profile & have graduated within the last 12 months
- Must have strong academics - 2.1 Degree minimum from a top 20 University
- Minimum AAB at A-Level
- You mustn’t have more than 12 months experience since graduation
- We need candidates who genuinely want to complete their ACCA or CIMA qualifications
- Have a strong desire to work within Financial Services Industry.
- Have presence and be comfortable liaising with senior stakeholders.
- Gravitas and confidence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'