The purpose of this varied role is to support all IT equipment for this busy wholesale operation based just outside Leeds. You will support PC and mobile devices as well as carrying out system testing and working alongside key functions including HR, Accounts, Supply chain and warehousing. This is a friendly and successful organisation with a well known brand presence so if you are looking for a local opportunity to kick start your career, this role could be for you.
On a day to day basis the role will include:
- Application support (Office 365, cloud storage, As400 / iseries)
- Logging and responding to helpdesk queries for your internal colleagues
- Testing software developed by the in house team
- 1st and 2nd line support for PCs and MACs used within the business
- Mobile phone support including ios installations
- System maintenance including server backups, basic network support, security
- Printer, copier and consumables maintenance
- Maintenance of asset database
Applicants must have a keen interest in Business IT systems and be motivated by contributing to the success of the business through delivering excellent service to colleagues. You will have an understanding of networking, computer hardware maintenance, testing protocols and IT security protocols. Additionally you must have an excellent telephone manner coupled with a logical approach to problem solving. Ideally you will have a degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science or other IT related subject. Applications will also be considered from graduates in other subjects who have already gained some work experience in an IT support role.