The purpose of the role is to maintain and increase profitable export sales of the company's products in the designated sales area of Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam and North America. **Please note that due to the area that you would be travelling to, you would be expected to be away for around 2 weeks at a time. Total travelling could be 60 days or slightly more per year.
The successful post holder will have experience within Research & Development, Technical Service and Manufacturing. Experience of selling into the electronics, automotive and industrial markets would be beneficial.
1. Main Responsibilities
• To locate and appoint new distributors within given territories.
• To liaise closely with appointed distributors so that agreed growth can be achieved.
• To provide training to personnel employed by our worldwide distributors so that they are able to successfully promote the product range.
• Conduct joint customer visits with employees of appointed distributors.
• Identify new areas of opportunities based on the worldwide product market.
• To gain new business at direct accounts, provide support for these customers and aid in any way possible to ensure these accounts remain satisfied
• Participation in key trade exhibitions
• Where necessary, conduct press interviews to aid the promotion of the brand, its products and services.
• Work in conjunction with the marketing manager to ensure that the company brand is promoted adequately in key markets.
The ideal person will have a minimum of 3 years' experience in the handling of foreign distribution.
Other essential qualities include –
Experience of working with both end users and distributors
Well presented, punctual, literate and numerate
Proven negotiation skills
Computer literate to include the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Training will be given on in-house packages.
Excellent communication skills
Degree in Chemistry, Physics or Electronics
Clean Driving Licence
Assertive but approachable personality, flexible with a good sense of humour
Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
Be able to travel internationally at short notice
In return an attractive package is offered including a basic salary of between £28 – 32,000 (DOE), an exceptional bonus scheme (paid quarterly) and company car. A laptop and mobile telephone would also be supplied.
Please apply online or contact Jenny Lester on for further information.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job