Inspire and transform learning with us. We are looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant to support individuals and groups of students to enable access to learning, contributing to the development and maintenance of a purposeful, nurturing learning environment at Harris Girls' Academy Bromley.
Harris Girls’ Academy Bromley is a thriving, diverse and academically successful school for girls in New Beckenham. Our GCSE results are amongst the best in the country with progress being amongst the most successful schools nationally. We passionately believe in educating young women for the future and with specialisms in Science and Enterprise we are working hard to create opportunities for girls to be successful in English and maths as well as more traditional subjects like Classics and Latin.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- To supervise and provide particular support for identified students, in 1:1, group or whole class situations, ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- To assist in the development of appropriate resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies, working with the teacher to ensure the provision supports each identified student’s learning needs.
- To assist in evaluating identified students’ progress through agreed assessment activities.
- To provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on students’ achievement, progress and needs.
- To lead small group sessions and interventions as appropriate.
- To attend to the students’ personal needs where required.
- To support with behaviour management, using appropriate strategies in line with academy policy.
- To contribute to creating a purposeful and supportive learning environment.
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes as appropriate, adjusting activities to ensure achievement of learning goals.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Some knowledge of strategies in working with young people with challenging behaviours
- Knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues in the workplace.
- Experience of working directly with young people in an education or training environment, supporting the learning of students.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, at all levels.
- Experience of managing and being responsible for own workload.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Rewards & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'