Teaching Assistant Widnes
Graduate Teaching Assistant - Academic Mentor - Start Date: ASAP
Do you need to enhance your classroom experience before doing a PGCE / Teach first?
Or perhaps you are a graduate who is interested in a career in Education but not yet 100% sure have if it's for you?
This fast paced secondary school in Widnes is looking for a bright and energetic graduate to join the support team in an academic mentor role.
This is a full-time role for the remainder of this school year at least!
- Support learning in the learning resource centre
- Help pupils in their research and revision
- Manage study & homework sessions
- Scaffold classroom learning and extend upon teachers lessons
- Must be a clear and concise communicator
- 1st or 2:1 or 2:2 degree in any subject
- Matching A level and GCSE grades
- Vastly improved school with a good behaviour policy
- Excellent career development opportunities
- School can offer teacher training from September 2018
- Driven school with high ambitions for its students
This role will offer you a varied experience and a chance to support pupils all over the school - you will not be expected to have knowledge of all subjects but you will be asked to supervise and support that learning and direct any roadblocks to the right teachers.