***Graduate Teaching Assistant***
We are currently working with an all-boys secondary school in West London. They are looking for a graduate teaching assistant to work within the SEN department. You will be required to work with SEN Students offering one 2 one support and small group work.
This position is for an immediate start.
The school is an all-ability, non-faith school which welcomes boys aged 11-16. The school specialises in science and design and technology blocks, a multi-use Astroturf sports pitch and gym on site and a fully equipped performing arts centre.
Extracurricular opportunities are varied and include interactive learning, educational trips and visits and a range of clubs. The school is particularly proud to offer the Duke of Edinburgh (DofE) Awards Scheme.
The School likes to invest in staff, previous teaching assistants have progressed down the teaching route, via the schools direct programme.
The school is within walking distance to a tube station and many bus routes.
Key skills and experience needed:
- University degree
- SEN Experience
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
- Professional manor
- Enthusiasm and friendly approach
- Experience or knowledge within special educational needs
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Jo Bennett at Veritas Education.
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give me a call so we can discuss other opportunities.
***Veritas Education offer competitive rates of pay***
Veritas Education are actively working with schools in Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge, Newham, Waltham Forest, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Islington, Camden, Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea, Haringey, Enfield, Barnet, Harrow, Brent, Hillingdon, Ealing, Hounslow, Hammersmith, Richmond, Kingston, Croydon, Merton, Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
- "Teaching Assistant""SEN""Secondary School""learning support assistant"