Graduate Teaching Assistant - English
A mainstream, large secondary school are looking to appoint a Graduate with a English related degree to add to its excellent English Department.
The School has an excellent reputation for mentoring and developing aspiring teachers, and so they are keen to be introduced to excellent English Graduates. Reporting to the Head of the English Department, you will be responsible for assisting the teaching of English Literature / Language through intervention groups and in class scenarios.
The ideal candidate for this role will not only be an exceptional, passionate and aspire to be a great teacher but will also commit to the extracurricular life of the school. Essentially they are looking for an enthusiastic, inspiring and motivated graduate teaching assistant, who can help to sustain and increase attainment levels throughout the school.
JOB DESCRIPTION -GRADUATE ENGLISH TEACHING ASSISTANT
- Graduate English Teaching Assistant
- Reporting to the Head of the English Faculty
- Outstanding English Graduate with proven classroom experience
- Up to date subject knowledge
- Confident to help increase attainment in the subject
- Excellent team player
- Located in Greater Manchester - Easy transport links from the city centre
PERSON SPECIFICATION - GRADUATE ENGLISH TEACHING ASSISTANT
- Must have a English related degree from a reputable University
- Strong understanding of the curriculum is required
- Confidence in your ability is key!
- Tutoring experience and advantage but not essential
- Must be keen to be involved in all aspects of school life
- You must be an outgoing, enthusiastic and motivated individual
- A school where all children are encouraged to reach their true potential
- 98% of parents and carers feel their child is well looked after at the school
- An exciting place to learn with excellent facilities, new technology and a wide range of teaching and learning experiences
- A vibrant and tolerant multi-cultural community
- School Engage in teacher training programme
- Recently Graded Good by OFSTED
- Excellent transport links - road and tram - parking available
Apply today for this fantastic English Graduate Teaching Assistant opportunity in Greater Manchester now!!
We would love to hear from you if you are a English Graduate looking for a such an opportunity!! Please send your CV to Andy at Clarus Education! If shortlisted, you will be contacted immediately!!
- English Literature
- English grammar
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job