Graduate Teaching Assistant - Cumbria - Secondary
Graduate Teaching Assistant Positions - Secondary schools in Carlisle and surrounding areas - Long/short term work available. The experience you need to get onto a PGCE for 2019 - Apply today!!
Are you a Graduate interested in a career in teaching? Would you like paid experience in a local school?
- Secondary Schools across Cumbria
- Long/short term options available
- Part time/Full time
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- £60- £70 per day dependent on experience
- Great experience in various schools
- Training provided
Veritas Education is offering Graduates the chance to gain paid, long/short term employment in a variety of schools across Cumbria and surrounding areas. You will work in schools that will provide training and give you the experience you require for your future in teaching.
Across Cumbria, Head Teachers and senior leadership teams are looking more and more for eager and energetic University Graduates with a passion for teaching to become Teaching Assistants. This is an excellent way to enter the education world, get a taste of teaching, familiarise yourself with school life and build a skill set that will help you greatly when it comes to applying for your PGCE course.
This will give you a key insight into the expectations and requirements that are to be an effective teacher in the future. Furthermore, this will allow you to experience a variety of schools and year groups which will help determine the PGCE course that is right for you and also which year group you are most effective in.
The role of the Teaching Assistant is to:
- Supervise pupils whilst they carry out work that has been pre-prepared by a teacher
- Manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking work
- Support children either on 1:1 or within a group
- Be professional at all times
- Build rapport with students
The successful applicants will:
- Have experience working with small or large groups of children
- Be available at least 3 days a week
- Be flexible and available at short notice
- Being able to drive would be an advantage
** Training Provided **
The courses include:
- Cover Supervisor Training - Level 1
- Effective listening in Schools
- Effective communication in Schools
- An Introduction to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Safeguarding, Child Protection and Prevent
- Behaviour Management Training - Level 1
Veritas Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay of £60-£70 per day
- Short term and long-term vacancies suiting your needs
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced Consultants
- Respected relationships with a vast selection of schools across Lancashire
- An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme, for any referrals that you make to Veritas Education (£100)
- Veritas will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, Qualifications Checks, References and Enhanced DBS
If you are a Graduate who is interested in becoming a Teaching Assistant, then please apply with an up to date CV or call Amy at Veritas on .
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'