Are you looking to play a key role in encouraging high achievement from our students in one of the most over-subscribed and popular academies in the country?
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is seeking enthusiastic teaching assistants with English, Science or Maths degrees (or equivalent) to join our innovative team as soon as possible.
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is a pioneering academy for 1,300 students aged 11-18. The founding academy of the Harris Federation, it has three consecutive outstanding judgments by Ofsted, most recently finding the academy to be outstanding in every aspect in 2014. It is one of the most oversubscribed comprehensive schools in the country and in the top 5% for performance.
Your role will be to provide support, either as in-class, 1:1 tuition, or to small groups of students with varying abilities. You will be encouraging and supporting individual pupils to reach their full potential, whilst demonstrating a creative and determined attitude that will help motivate students. You will be directly supporting the students, as well as helping to organise the teaching and learning resources available to students and staff.
What we are looking for:
- Someone who is passionate about education and has a flair for working with young people
- This role could also suit recent university graduates who are interested in gaining initial classroom experience as a Teaching Assistant, or those looking to start a career path in teaching.
Required hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, 8.00am – 4.00pm, with 30 minutes for lunch. Term time only.
Why work at Harris City Academy Crystal Palace?
- We are a consistently high performing school. Our motto, ‘All Can Achieve’ encapsulates our vision that all members of the Academy community are supported and encouraged to achieve their absolute potential.
- As a Teaching School, we are able to offer all teachers an extensive programme of first class professional development and a vibrant learning community giving all the opportunities to excel. In addition to our own programmes, our professional learning is closely aligned with the Federation and we are able to offer a full range of development including Masters and NPQH.
- The academy is part of the Harris Federation, a high preforming MAT with 44 academies around London and a wealth of experience and expertise. This enables us to offer you a comprehensive induction programme and training and development opportunities to support your career development.
Informal conversations with the Principal are strongly encouraged, and visits to the academy to meet our staff and students are welcomed. For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Applications are also welcomed from experienced teaching assistants interested to train as a teacher through our Harris School Direct Programme: more information is available here think-train-to-teach.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job