Graduate Surveyor - Rotherham based with travel as needed
A growing specialist Contractor/Installer who operate in the Social Housing, New Build, Refurbishments and Commercial Buildings sectors seek to expand their existing Commercial team with a recent QS/Construction Services graduate.
They are looking to bring on board a keen, enthusiastic individual who is degree qualified and eager to make their first steps towards a successful career in Surveying and Construction services
You will be reporting to the Operations Manager and will assist with the re-measures and other daily duties on projects of varying size and value. The role will demand the post holder to act as a conduit between site and head office functions.
As a Trainee Surveyor you will:
* Produce accurate information for Contribution Forecasts and Monthly Cost/Value Reports
* To efficiently report on Site Progress and ensure correct procedure are implemented for Extension of Time applications and recovery of Loss and Expense
* Maximise profitability and cash benefit for the Company
* Ensure Contract Valuations are prepared in accordance with current ruling Company Policy
* Control and administer sub-Contract accounts
* Re-measure of all Site works
* Liaise with Contracts Management on Cost Control and all financial matters relating to the Contract
* Ensure Architects/Main Contractor Instructions and Variations are obtained and properly valued
* Progress settlement of Final Accounts
* Efficiently procure sub-contracts
*Update and take off from CAD drawings
Our ideal candidate for this role will hold a relevant qualification Degree/HNC/HND Construction/Building Studies or Quantity Surveying and ideally have at least 12-18 months relevant experience in a commercial Surveying role within a small to medium business.
On offer is a basic salary between £19000- £22,000 (dependent on experience) along with additional company benefits and further training and development. Use of company pool car for business as needed.
- Commercial Buildings