Our client, a leading logistics business based at Birmingham Business Park (near to the NEC and Birmingham International Railway Station) is looking for recent Graduates to work within a Customs brokerage team.
- Monitor and interpret critical reporting process accurately and resolve issues where necessary escalate issue and complaints in a timely manner.
- Execute audits of automated customs clearance (import and export)
- Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients.
- Understand and correct HMRC generated messages.
- Effective and efficient communication with haulier and EU based transport operations
- Prior to the release/delivery of cargo
- Ensure accurate and correct documentation in place.
- Secure the payment of cleared funds for:
- COD accounts.
- Duty/Vat invoices.
- Understanding of CCG management requirements including opening and closing of TAD documentation.
- Monitor internal exception reports.
- Ensure that the sales department are aware of client activity and business profitability.
- Ensure that the departmental manager is aware of the status of all shipments.
What we’re looking for
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to identify urgent shipment requirements.
- A good degree, preferably a 1st or 2:1.
- An interest in all areas of logistics.
- The capacity to work in a high-pressure environment whilst remaining calm when under pressure.
- The ability to instruct shipping lines, hauliers.
- The skill to prioritise entry requests.
- A positive attitude and good problem-solving skills and to apply lessons learned.
- Be commercially aware and able to grow repeat business and develop new opportunities.
- The drive to succeed and want to contribute to the business.
- Ability to communicate with clients and when necessary challenge same to determine accurate and clear shipment details.
Interviews will commence from 19/05/2021
Start date will be Monday 7th July 2021
- Graduate Students
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'