Due to continued growth this exciting opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Software Test Engineer to join this leading technology company based in Cambridge who has an impressive track record of bring successful and profitable products to market. This role will be responsible for conducting test before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve any quality standard issues.
We are looking for proactive and self-starting individual who will quickly adapt to the current testing procedures and is keen to learn and willing to take on new challenges. You will have proven experience in delivering software tested to a high standard using both automated and manual techniques.
- Perform tests on existing projects and become familiar with testing approaches
- Defining test, set up of equipment and frameworks to enable testing
- Supporting test automation creation, design and maintenance
- Working as part of project teams, delivering to project objectives and timescales
- Liaise with software, hardware and FPGA engineers to carry out specific requirements in a timely manner.
- Degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent from a recognised institution
- Knowledge in manual testing and the chance to learn automation testing
- Experience in writing test specifications and working from requirements (Agile development process)
- Attention to detail and inquisitive nature, also the ability to work methodically
- Working knowledge of IP networks, ISEB/ISTQB certification is preferred
- Good knowledge of embedded or hardware test, as well as working knowledge of Linux and command line based interfaces
- Some experience of scripting languages (Python, Bash)
- Excellent written and spoken English
This role could also suit an individual who has some commercial Software Testing experience, but not essential, who is looking for the next step of their career to join a forward thinking people focused business where your career can flourish. Apply now!
- Automated Software Testing
- Manual Testing
- Embedded Linux