Location: Milton Keynes
Role Type: Permanent
An opportunity has arisen for a Graduate developer to join one of the UK’s leading managed service providers of recruitment services in the public sector.
This role will be a hands-on position in our Head Office in Milton Keynes, collaborating with the business to develop, support, test and maintain the core business applications.
The role itself is very varied and will entail:
- Understand the software requirements for the project
- Hands-on development in an agile environment
- Write unit tests
- Daily reporting of development activities
- Work with the team to define and agree estimates
- Follow defined software development processes and standards
- Responsibly follow planned and assigned task lists
- Investigate and resolve production issues in a timely manner.
- Help manage releases and deployments of updates to risk management systems.
- Software engineering-related degree
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Solid understanding of Relational Databases, ideally with T-SQL skills using SQL Server
- Experience of the end-to-end development life cycle
- A good understanding of business processes
- Good analytical skills and be able to troubleshoot problems quickly.
- technical Learning ability and be a self-starter and team player
Experience of any of the following:
- SQL Server
- HTML / CSS
- ASP.Net / MVC
- WCF/Web Services
- Knowledge of bug tracking software
- Knowledge of developing mobile friendly web applications
- Knowledge of modern IDEs
- Ability to use version control software
- Software Development
- Object Oriented Software
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job