You don't usually get opportunities like this. Normally, when we advertise leadership roles, we ask for experience. A track record. Proven ability. But our client doesn't want any of that. They want brilliant potential. Energy. Drive, passion and commitment. You don't have to be the finished article, but you must have real potential to become it.
Our client is a renowned food wholesaler with depots across the north of England and Midlands. As one of a handful of Leadership Programme Trainees, you'll commit to two years learning every aspect of the business. You'll spend time with supply managers, drivers, HR, finance, night managers and more. You'll enjoy a priceless education in the food wholesale industry and then, at the end of the two years, you'll be placed in one of the (rapidly expanding) organisation's depots in a leadership role.
This isn't supposed to be easy. There's an assessment centre to sort the excellent candidates from the 'merely' great. Although you'll be based at the depot nearest your home, you will be required to travel regularly. And for the next two years (and every day after that) you'll be challenged to bring your A game.
In return, you'll be mentored by some of the most senior figures in the organisation. You'll have a great salary and a brilliant package of benefits including two tax-free bonuses every year. You'll have real opportunities for progression in an organisation where sales assistants can - and have - risen to the very top. And you'll be working for a company where togetherness is part of the DNA, where staff development and opportunity is a real priority.
If all of that sounds exciting, you're already the sort of person we'd like to talk to.
To be suitable for this role, you must:
- Be willing to commit to a 2 year training programme
- Have clear leadership qualities, be commercially aware and have the drive to succeed
- Relish being challenged, have a questioning mind, an eye for detail and a desire to learn
- Be able to drive
- Be willing to travel and work away from home for periods of time (all your expenses will be covered)
- Be a recent graduate or have worked (in any role) for no more than 5 years post-A level
- Be educated to A-level or higher
- Be based within commutable distance from one of our client's depots near Nottingham, Sheffield, Liverpool, Stockport or Middlesbrough
What's in it for you?
- Salary up to £27,000 per annum
- 2 tax-free guaranteed bonuses each year
- Staff purchase scheme - 50% of anything you buy from your workplace is returned to you in vouchers at the end of the year
- Pension scheme
- Use of a company car when required for business travel
Ready to apply for this Leadership Programme Trainee role? Send us your most up to date CV now.
Zachary Daniels is a Niche, National & International Recruitment Consultancy.
Specialising in Buying, Merchandising & Ecommerce | Design, Technical, Wholesale & Production | Finance | HR & Talent | H&S & Compliance | Marketing, Digital & Technology | Property & Centre Management | Retail, Trade, Leisure & Wholesale Operations | Senior Appointments & Exec | Sales | Supply Chain & Logistics
- Graduate/Grad/University/Experience/A levels/Retail/Uni
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'