Graduate Sales Scheme - One of the UK's Top Tech Firms - Top Company to Work for in the UK
Location: London, Moorgate
Salary: £24-£27k basic salary with uncapped OTE - £40k expected in year 1!
Start Date: Training Academy Starting in March
You would be working for one of the biggest Tech Firms in the UK, selling a wide range of technologies into loads of different types of company. With impressive offices located across the UK this is a great job for a graduate, offering awesome training and progression within a well-recognised business. The company was recently voted as the best place to work for in the UK, which is tough to argue with in terms of working culture. They have achieved this accolade by creating a really unique environment for employees. Whether it's table tennis tables in the office or all expenses paid trips to Thailand, these guys have something for everyone. A major benefit of working for such a well-recognised brand is that people are generally keen to hear from you.
You will go in as a Graduate Account Manager, working the full sales cycle. This is really rare for companies to offer but allows for greater exposure and also potential earnings from day one.
Sales is a job that not everyone is aware of and which will be different every day, but here is a rough idea of what a Graduate Sales Executive will be required to do.
- Business Development- Approaching and winning new clients to work with.
- Account Management- Working with businesses over time, developing a relationship.
- Phone work - The most efficient way of doing business is over the phone and as a sales person this will become your most valuable tool.
- Meetings - Meeting with clients face to face to try and get them to buy your products.
- Market Analysis - It's really important to know what's happing in your market at any given time, so market analysis and research are vital.
There are loads more aspects to a sales role, but not to worry as the client offers industry leading training, setting you up to be the best Graduate Sales Executive out there.
What Experience do you need for the Role?
The short answer is it depends. There's no set profile that the company look for, it's much more about personality that your background, but here are some things that always help…
- Resilience - Sales is a frustrating job if you're not resilient. Being able to deal with frustrations and knockbacks is a must.
- Work Ethic - The harder you work, the better you do. Sales is a great job for a graduate to get in to because you're in control of your earnings, but that means you've got to put the effort in.
- Charisma - Sales people tend to be charismatic and confident, you are calling strangers most of the time after all, you need to make them like you!
- Competitive Edge - You will be working in an environment where you can see how well you're doing in comparison to others, so target driven and competitive people tend to fare better.
- Emotional Intelligence - You will have to build relationships with a massive range of people so emotional intelligence is hugely important.
- Money Motivation - Arguably one of the most important things for someone to possess going in to sales. The harder you work in sales, the more money you make. It's a job where you can be making 6 figures within 3-4 years, so it's really key that you have a genuine money drive.
If you think you'd be well suited to sales and you have the relevant skills then don't hesitate to send over your CV to Ciaran North at Graduate Fasttrack.
Graduate Fasttrack are market leaders at placing graduates into sales roles. We pride ourselves on offering a bespoke service, and really identifying the wants and needs of our candidates. We do recruitment differently; we understand for graduates choosing a career can be a huge step and fully take that in to account. If sales seems like the career for you or if you know of anyone else who is currently looking then get in touch and speak to one of our experienced consultants for more information.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job