Our client is Britain’s biggest airline carrier measured by number of passengers carried, operating domestic and international scheduled services on over 600 routes in 32 countries.This is a full-time job opportunity. Salary: £25k - £30k depending on experience.
Key responsibilities of the role:
The safety data analyst will be responsible for the analysis, coordination and reporting of safety performance data. Undertaking data development project work and contributing to the identification and implementation of new reporting and analysing techniques reporting into the safety data analyst manager.
Support the overall Safety Performance Investigation process with statistical analysis to understand operational safety performance against key safety performance indicators for allocated Operational Business Areas, the Corporate Safety Plan and Risk Registers.
Day-to-day activities will include:
Develop Statistical Models and Reports:
- Identify Operational hazards and risks using in-depth data analysis
- In conjunction with the subject matter data analysts specialists produce regular Operations safety performance reports.
- Facilitate the development of consistent safety reporting and audit descriptors to ensure descriptor categories are suitable for all Stakeholders
- Facilitate the on-going development of data analysis techniques to ensure the most appropriate methodologies are used by the Safety Data Team
- Support the continued development and transition of analytical and reporting capabilities to the Management Information Warehouse and other new technologies.
- Undertake Project Work directed by the Safety Data Manager
- Define data gaps and identify bridging solutions with the Safety Performance Data streams to ensure data quality and safety reporting requirements are achieved.
- Implement and Perform Safety Performance Standards Assurance oversight checks on Safety Reporting and Safety Data processes
- Support SMS Promotion within the Business
- Support exception safety report entry and distribution work as required.
- Carry out tasks as assigned by the Safety Data Manager
- Experienced and enthusiastic data analyst
- Experience using data programmes to manipulate, summarise and analyse data (eg Excel)
- A logical thinker with good analytical background
- Creative mind to solve problems
- Passion for working in the aviation industry
- Motivated, organised, results- focused self-starter, comfortable in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Ability to communicate with both technical / non-technical stake holders
- Comfortable dealing with numbers able to build models / analysis
- Graduate (or equivalent experience), preferably a numerical or scientific based degree
- Experience using programmes to extract, model and visualise data (e.g. Excel, Tableau)
- Experience of coding language or database tools (e.g. SQL)
- Understanding of basic statistical methods such as averages, variances and correlation / causation
- Ownership and Delivery. Has a clear focus to deliver results, working to targets, reviewing progress and adapting their plans accordingly, motivating themselves/the team to achieve.
- Innovation and Change. Is open to new ways of doing things and questions existing approaches, views change as an opportunity, comfortable working in a dynamic and ambiguous environment.
- Building Relationships. Expresses ideas confidently and clearly, builds positive and constructive relationships with others, gets to know colleagues within their own team and supports them to ensure team goals are achieved.
- Competitive base salary
- Up to 20% bonus
- 25 days holiday
- BAYE, SAYE & Performance share schemes
- 5% pension
- Life Assurance
- Flexible benefits package
- Excellent staff travel benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job