Our client is the UK’s largest privately-owned media company. It operates a strong portfolio of national newspaper, magazine and broadcasting brands in addition to a number of other media-related businesses.This is a 6 month position paying £21-23k, depending on experience, with the potential to lead to a permanent job.
How can the intern expect to spend their day?
The purpose of the position is to help perform the research function of the Advertising department, to provide management and sales teams with exemplary reports, data and sales support materials delivered in a timely fashion.
Key responsibilities will include the following.
- Providing both management and sales teams with reports and data relating to the advertising function of the department
- Providing an agreed list of regular reports and data to management and the sales team
- Supply management and the sales teams with ad hoc reports and data as requested, understanding and planning for the fact that sometimes the environment in which they operate will mean that little notice is given
- Preparing all reports and data in an exemplary manner: the information should be accurate, well-presented, easily comprehensible, fulfil the needs of the user and delivered in a timely fashion
- Providing both management and sales teams with sales support materials that will help drive the generation of both print and digital revenue
- Updating an agreed list of regular sales support materials (e.g. presentations, media packs, ratecards, fact books) to management and the sales teams. These regular sales support materials to be updated on a regular basis
- Supply management and the sales teams with ad hoc sales support materials as requested, including client presentations, TGI/NRS/comScore/ Google Analytics reports
- Providing all sales support materials in an exemplary manner: they should be well-presented, contain accurate information, fulfil the needs of the user, match or surpass the quality of those sales support materials used by their competition and delivered in a timely fashion
- Providing an ad hoc research service to the rest of the organisation
- You may be asked to provide other parts of the organisation (editorial, marketing, circulation etc.) with research support. This would typically be in the form of help setting up, running and analysing such things as reader surveys and focus groups. Where appropriate, provide this service in an exemplary manner: assisting them to get what they need when they need it as efficiently as possible
- Educated to degree standard or above
- Strong written and verbal communication skills so able to present data and their meanings
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Natural problem solver
- Efficient time management
- Able to interpret and derive insights from data, alerting the Research Manager to any challenges and opportunities
- Able to build strong, effective relationships at multiple levels both internally and externally.
- Experience in research or marketing analytics desirable, but not essential