Our client, a leading and highly commercial international law firm, is seeking to hire a Graduate Recruitment & Development Manager. This is a critical hire for the firm and will offer the right person a fantastic opportunity to work with a strong team and to continue the great work that the current incumbent has achieved in terms of employer branding and quality trainee recruitment and development.
To lead the Graduate Recruitment and Development function by setting the overall strategy and supporting the team to deliver. Manage the Graduate Recruitment team to attract and recruit the highest calibre trainee lawyers and vacation interns, including marketing and events, selection and candidate experience, vacation schemes, diversity and reporting. Manage the Graduate Development team to deliver on the Firm’s training contract including seat change, performance management, qualification and induction and to lead on the trainee development programme.
- Manage the Graduate Recruitment and Development teams. Ensure effective timely delivery and standards of key processes.
- Support the Graduate Recruitment Advisor and Graduate Development Advisor to effectively manage their direct reports.
- Coach and mentor the Graduate Recruitment and Graduate Development Advisor's and Assistants.
- Set the annual Graduate Recruitment strategy, including sign off for hiring numbers, university and campus activity plan, marketing and selection.
- Overall responsibility for the selection process
- Review effectiveness of selection process and materials, proposing and implementing improvements where appropriate.
- Overall responsibility for the university and campus activity strategy by supporting team to deliver on event planning including budget allocation and targeting, relationships with careers services and brand ambassadors.
- Overall responsibility for media including publications and advertising, social media and media tracking.
- Partner with Diversity organisations to deliver on the Firm’s diversity aspirations.
- Review all processes annually to inform planning for the next year.
- Set and monitor the Graduate Recruitment budget.
- Set the Graduate Development strategy, including trainee numbers, approach to key processes and the development programme.
- Support the team to deliver on the key processes such as seat change and secondments, performance management, qualification and induction.
- Lead the design and delivery of the trainee development programme. Ensure excellent delivery, regularly reviewing performance and effectiveness.
- Overall responsibility for relationships with external suppliers such as law school.
- Provide HR support to trainees on ER issues, such as performance, health and wellbeing or personal issues.
- Set and monitor the Graduate Development budget.
To be considered for this role you will have legal graduate recruitment experience or similar within professional/financial services. Experience of managing a team is vital.
Please contact Nikki Bjurenvall ASAP to discuss the role further.