You will work as a recruitment consultant within the South West Accountancy market, running your own desk to develop relationships with clients and candidates in major businesses in the region. You will enjoy the training, support and rewards of a great local team as well as a FTSE-listed, international organisation, and will have the opportunity to rapidly grow your earning potential and progress your career.
Michael Page are an international recruitment consultancy. Established in London in 1976, we've since grown organically to become one of the best-known and most respected consultancies, with an office network spanning six continents. While size has its advantages, it doesn't define us - the nature of our organic growth means that each new office is integrated into the region that it serves. In this role you will work as part of the Bristol Finance team, partnering accounting professionals across, Bristol, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and the South West. We have a highly meritocratic, flexible culture, meaning the opportunity to earn bonuses and promotions will be based on your own ethic and performance, which in turn will be wholly supported by management and your peers.
- Build and grow a client portfolio by using commercial information to identify organisations that have current or future recruitment needs - including global multinationals, rapidly growing SMEs and not-for-profit entities.
- Initiate contact with potential clients by business development calls, face-to-face meetings, referrals and networking to proactively sell Michael Page.
- Attend pitches and meetings with prospective clients.
- Maintain and develop existing client relationships to ensure repeat business.
- Network across your industry sector or specialism to ascertain market trends and growth areas.
- Identify and attract potential candidates using all the sourcing tools at your disposal, including using social media, networking, referrals and advertising, selling the benefits of registering exclusively with PageGroup to secure a new role.
- Maintain an accurate candidate database so that you and others at PageGroup know who and where potential candidates are and if/when they are available.
- Interview candidates to gain valuable market information for yourself and your colleagues.
- Consult and engage with clients to understand their needs.
- Provide advice on and sell the most appropriate solution for attracting the right candidates to a client's business (e.g. database search or running an advertising campaign).
- Provide ongoing advice on market conditions, business trends and salary fluctuations within their industry sector.
- Understand how to provide a better service than our competitors
- Maintain regular candidate contact to ensure that you are aware of any changing circumstances and any further commercial opportunities.
- Present and sell suitable candidates to your client, ensuring they meet their brief as well as their business requirements.
- Manage the recruitment process from interview to offer stage, balancing excellent service with a positive commercial outcome for all parties - this includes: setting up interviews, giving and receiving feedback, identifying potential problems during the process and negotiating contract terms for successful candidates.
- Support candidates by managing their expectations and negotiating mutually beneficial terms.
All Michael Page Consultants must embody our five core values, which are integral to everything we do and ensure our continued success. We take pride, we are passionate, we never give up, we work as a team, and we make it fun
In addition we will look for people who are:
- Confident and credible.
- Adept at building relationships at all levels.
- Ambitious and driven to succeed.
- Emotionally intelligent
- Able to influence through intelligent questioning.
- Coachable; able to learn, develop and take feedback
A competitive basic salary plus flexible benefits including healthcare, cycle to work, dental care, life insurance. There is also the opportunity to quickly and considerably increase earnings through performance-related bonuses.