Our client are the world leader in compressed air service. Do you want to be part of their team? Do you have the drive and dedication to successfully sell custom-engineered products? Would you enjoy the sense of achievement that comes with winning and completing high value projects?
Our client have an opportunity at their UK Head Office in Hemel Hempstead, for a dynamic and experienced Graduate Proposals Engineer to join the team!
The Proposals team are enthusiastic, experienced and diverse. With the perfect balance between technical knowledge and commercial acumen, they support the sales teams worldwide, including Europe & the Middle East.
In return for your commitment as a Graduate Proposals Engineer, our client can offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- A positive team-working atmosphere, encouraging interaction and collaboration.
- The opportunity to develop new ideas and enhance the way we do things.
- The chance to work within an innovative and committed team.
- Exposure to large scale, high value international projects.
- Training throughout your career, with at least 40 hours invested in you per year.
- An excellent benefits package - including a desirable pension scheme.
- A satisfying career - our client are passionate about the development & progression of their employees.
Graduate Proposals Engineer Responsibilities:
- Working with the Systems engineering team to develop the best possible technical solution to meet the customer requirements in a commercially competitive environment.
- Preparing technical and commercial quotations for the equipment and services required.
- Liaising with the sales team, engineering team and customer during the bidding process to refine the quotation and to successfully convert the quotation to an order.
- Engaging in business improvement projects. Analyse existing business methods and then work closely with the engineering team to develop new tools and procedures.
- Engaging in marketing activities to promote the business within the wider Group and to external customers. This may include occasionally hosting on-line training and promotion events, presentations in front of audiences and face-to-face meetings.
- Ultimately, with training and experience, the successful candidate will be responsible for the complete bid submission process.
The ideal Graduate Proposals Engineer:
- BEng or MEng in an Engineering discipline.
- An engineering background and work experience gained in an engineering environment.
- A full UK driving licence, as occasional UK travel and overseas travel will be required.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Drive, motivation and enthusiasm to succeed.
- The ability to work under pressure to deadlines, with a methodical and conscientious approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the skill to build rapport with colleagues and customers.
- Confidence to present in varying group situations.
- Capacity to be flexible, particularly at project deadline times.
Do you know who we are and what we do?
Our client is a multinational engineering company of approximately 35,000 employees worldwide that manufactures and sells industrial plant and equipment. The business is a leading provider of custom-engineered compressed air and gas systems, mainly into the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Industry.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in this Graduate Proposals Engineer position, our client want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.