Job Title: Graduate Property Surveyor-
Location: Barnet, North London
Competitive Salary & Benefits
About the role
We have a current opening for a Graduate Surveyor to join our Real Estate team in Barnet. You will support the property estates team in ensuring the first class delivery of property consultancy and Estate Management services in support of the Partnership and to manage the operational, non-operational and investment portfolios in a professional and commercially enterprising manner.
You will manage a caseload of Landlord and Tenant work and general transactional and property consultancy work. Ensure that the systems and databases are continually updated and reflective of the live environment. Assist and provide support in reducing the cost of holding surplus property including temporary letting, security arrangements and serving appropriate notices for business rates relief . You will need to show willingness to continue with RICS APC training to become a Chartered Surveyor.
About Capita Real Estate Property and Infrastructure
Re (Regional Enterprise Limited) is a joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita to run the Council's development and regulatory services for the next ten years. The JV went 'live' on 1st October 2013 and will deliver growth in the Borough and develop a new and exciting consultancy business, which will supplement the core activities.
What you will do:
- To assist and provide support in reducing the cost of holding surplus property including temporary letting, security arrangements and serving appropriate notices for business rates relief.
- To assist and provide support in the letting of vacant properties from marketing through to completion.
- To assist and provide support in disposals and acquisitions.
- To assist and provide support in undertaking land and property valuations across a variety of property types and on different bases.
- To identify and provide ownership and boundary plans using GIS mapping tools and/or similar software.
- To provide title and ownership information using the Land Registry portal.
- To assist and provide support in general property management including the monitoring of tenant payment patterns to reduce rent arrears, breaches of covenant etc
Your Experience Will Include:
- Cognate Degree in Valuation and Estate Management or a relevant field.
- Experience of building and maintaining positive working relationships both within the organisation and with external bodies.
- Must have good working knowledge of IT systems, including MS Office, dedicated Asset Management programs, databases and valuation software packages.
- Analytical skills including the ability to identify trends and developments from data and information and the ability to find solutions to problems.
- Estate Management knowledge gained during the course of education and in a work environment.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job