RM Graduate Project Manager - Where Ambition Works
We are looking for someone who will share our passion for helping to solve schools' problems. What we do has a real impact and wider benefit to UK education.
Are you energetic, target-focused, with a passion to deliver excellent services for customers?
Do you want to work for a UK Top Employer with a successful history of developing Graduates - our current CEO started as a Graduate Support Engineer?
If so, we may have the Graduate opportunity for you…..
We are proud to have over 40 years' experience of supporting education. We are also proud to have been certified as one of the 'Top Companies for Graduates to work for in 2016/17,' winners of the IT Support & Telecoms Sector category, at the JobCrowd Awards. As the leading supplier of technology to the sector our history is as inspiring as our future. We are here to improve the lives of educational users from early years all the way through to professionals. Put simply, we help teachers teach and learners learn. Because that's what each of us loves to do.
All of RM's graduate vacancies are opportunities to either develop in a particular specialism or a launch pad to move around the business building up more general management experience.
The career path is not predetermined, the career development journey is personalised to ensure that we make the most of each individual's potential. Either way all graduates will benefit from building their experience in a role where they are adding value and learning from day one.
If you're hungry to know more, hear from some of our existing Graduates about what they feel it is like to work as a Graduate at RM please visit here:
- Harvey Tayman - http://early-careers/graduates/harvey-tayman/
- To find out more about what you can expect from us please visit us here http://early-careers/ or take a peek at our social media pages:
- Twitter - @RMcareers
- Facebook - https://RMEducationCareers/
- LinkedIn - RM Plc
We have an exciting project management opportunity available to join us for our 2018 graduate intake. RM is a leading provider of innovative learning technologies and ICT solutions for UK education, as well as delivering systems for e-marking of exams and delivering school performance data. By harnessing the power of technology to make learning engaging and inspiring, RM take the best of what ICT has to offer and make it deliver results for teachers, learners and school leaders.
Joining RM as a Graduate Project Manager you will instantly work in the discipline of project management, whether it's working with external or internal customers to manage IT implementation projects on site, managing projects for examination bodies, or working on internal projects that drive continuous business improvements.
- Managing project delivery to ensure that project time, quality and budget targets are delivered in line with business case justifications
- Establish and maintain a positive, productive and open working relationship with internal or external customers, achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Making sure the quality standards are met
- Managing the financial performance of projects against agreed cost targets. Taking responsibility for ensuring correct and timely accounting, costing and billing.
- Monitoring progress against plan and providing timely reporting of the project status and deliverables using the agreed reporting mechanisms and in accordance with the project governance structure and divisional processes
- Attending and representing the project at Project Board and other stakeholder meetings in accordance with the agreed governance structure for the project.
Skills & Experience
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve a 2:1 or first class honors degree. In addition we are looking for:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong active listening skills and the ability to build strong relationships with and influence colleagues and customers
- Improvement focus and good decision making ability
- High levels of self-motivation, confidence, drive and tenacity
- Sound planning & organisational skills to handle the workload and to prioritise activities across the group of customers in a dynamic work environment.
Working for RM you would be entitled to the following benefits:
- 25 Days Annual Leave (option to buy an extra 5 days)
- Performance Related Bonus Scheme
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
The following voluntary benefits are also available:
- Childcare Vouchers
- Voluntary Dental Plan
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan
- Voluntary Critical Illness Cover
- Voluntary Health Assessments
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Give As You Earn (GAYE)
- Employee Referral Scheme