Project Engineer required to join an established and globally operating manufacturer of industrial heat transfer equipment. This involves overseeing the tender and bidding process, design and installation of large, direct fired heaters and waste heat recovery units for the power generation and industrial markets. Working with large, blue chip companies and 20 years of in-industry experience, this exciting position is available to those seeking an exciting position in project engineering.
Project Engineer Position Overview
Reporting directly to the Project Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be a key member of the UK Projects Department. The key responsibility of this role is to support each project, from conceptual and tendering phases, through to design, manufacture and installation. This involves a great deal of verbal and written communication between clients, suppliers and the engineering team to ensure the project is delivered on schedule and within budget. Other responsibilities may include:
- Review of client purchase order and attachments. Issue of job instructions and follow-up liaison with internal departments and specialists to ensure completion of job instructions.
- Drafting of all material, fabrication and equipment purchase order requisitions and specifications.
- Review and approve all sub-contractor bids including technical aspects.
- Distribution and review of drawings and documents to client and seller, plus monitoring to ensure timely and quality submission.
- Liaison with client to ensure equipment is supplied to job requirements and in accordance with all pertinent specifications as well as negotiating for extras to the 'as sold' package as and when required.
- Management of sub-contractors to ensure the product is supplied to order and specifications and within the contracted delivery date to fulfil overall project objectives.
- Foreign travel to meetings with clients and suppliers where required.
Project Engineer Position Requirements
- HND/Degree qualified in an engineering field of study. Candidates without these qualifications but with experience in project engineering/management within a technical environment will also be considered.
- Previous experience working in a project engineering/management position in a technical environment. Experience within the power generation or oil and gas industry would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Previous experience of working in a projects environment with proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget is essential.
- Strong organisational, written and verbal communication skills.
- A second language would be an advantage but is not essential in anyway.
- Willingness to travel the UK and globally.
- Able to competently use Microsoft Office packages. Secondary to this, ability to read engineering drawings or use 2/3D CAD software would be an advantage.
Project Engineer Position Remuneration
- Starting Salary: £35,000-£45,000(dependent upon experience).
- 28 Days Holiday inc. Bank Holidays. 37.5hr week, 13:00pm Friday finish.
- Company performance based bonus.
- Pension: Match up to 7% into direct contribution pension scheme.
- Healthcare and Life Insurance schemes.
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'