Graduate Project Engineer - Agricultural Buildings - East Anglia
De Lacy Executive seeks a Project Engineer to join a growing and established agricultural buildings and fixed equipment division of one of East Anglia's leading machinery dealerships.
My client is looking to recruit an enthusiastic person who is keen to learn and develop a career in the technical sales and project management of post-harvest technologies.
As this is a developing role, fully supervised initially with accountability and responsibility increasing with the achievements of set objectives, I am keen to consider graduates. Alternatively, I would welcome applications from experienced individuals wishing to progress their careers.
The main duties will include technical design and drawing associated with the work of the Division, customer and supplier liaison, project management, planning of resources, health & safety compliance and cost control.
Working a part of a team, you will be required to regularly visit sites in East Anglia and occasionally further afield
The role and responsibilities:
- Technical drawing associated with the work of the Division; including but not limited to: - Concept and Scheme Design and General Layout Drawings for grain handling, and crop storage buildings and installations. Planning Applications, Construction Issue Drawings, Plant layout and installation drawings.
- Working with the Divisional Director with customer liaison particularly with regards to technical concept design and sales to allow development into the role.
- Working with the Projects Manager in the procurement of contracts from order to handover.
- Working with the Divisional Quantity Surveyor with the analysis of supplier and contractor proposals.
- Projects Supervision in conjunction with the Project Supervisor in preparing contracts with regards to Health and Safety compliance.
- Job commissioning of plant and equipment.
Education and Knowledge
- HND or BSc in Agricultural Engineering or similar discipline
- Interest in construction
- Excellent IT Skills
- Sound Working knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations will be an advantage
- Good Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel
- Sound working knowledge of CAD
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Good numerical skills
- Ability to prioritise and work independently using own initiative
- Ability to remain positive whilst working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work to tight budget and time constraints
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercially aware
- Full Clean Driving Licence
A competitive remuneration will be on offer dependant on experience
- Health Safety
- Project Management
- Agricultural Engineering
- Technical Drawing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'