Job Title: Programmatic Platform Analyst
The Programmatic Platform Analyst is an integral member of the team developing the programmatic offering for MailOnline, the world’s largest English language newspaper website, with more than 211 million monthly unique visitors globally. MailOnline has one of the web's most advanced advertising programs incorporating nearly every form of advertising from mobile, social and video, to native and e-commerce, with plans for more.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, with wide exposure to the programmatic sell-side eco-system. The Programmatic Platform Analyst will maximize programmatic ad revenue across display, app and video, while creating a best-in-class yield and data strategy. This individual will have a genuine passion for digital media, data and emerging technology.
- Generate comprehensive, in-depth analytics and reporting to identify meaningful business trends that inform the business’s monetization practices across display, mobile and video.
- Maintain data and reporting infrastructure, ensuring data quality, accuracy and recency.
- Provide detailed weekly revenue forecasts and ensure accurate billing of third parties.
- Evaluate the configuration and performance of the programmatic ad stack against key indicators.
- Continuously monitor yield across platforms and offer innovative recommendations to indirect partners and sales teams to boost performance and generate upsell opportunities.
- Work with Ad Operations and Engineering to ensure effective partner integrations.
- Liaise with sales and external partner contacts to troubleshoot platform, ad quality and deal issues.
- Work cross-functionally with teams including Operations, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Analytics to provide excellent customer service in support of MailOnline clients and revenue goals.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the programmatic eco-system, keeping up to date with new ad tech functionality and understanding the potential opportunities presented by specific tech developments.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Professional experience in a sales analytics, finance, pricing or revenue managing capacity. Programmatic digital media experience a plus.
- Knowledge of ad serving platforms and DMP, DSP and SSP platform architecture a plus.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills with a creative problem-solving mindset.
- High proficiency in Excel with the ability to analyze, summarize and manipulate large volumes of data.
- Strong project management skills. High attention to detail with the ability to organize concepts and data into top line information suitable for C-level presentations.
- Mature, innovative and creative, with a strong track record collaborating in a team environment.
- Thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment with the ability to maintain focus on KPI achievement and meeting deadlines in the midst of rapid market change.
- B.A. Or B.S. in a quantitative or technical field (e.g., math’s, engineering, statistics, finance, computer science, etc.).
- Advanced Excel