This business has a high profile in the licensed outdoor sports and toy manufacturing industry, and operate on a worldwide scale with a global business customer base. Their licences include England Rugby, UEFA and some of the World’s most famous football teams. Products are varied, for example a football with a team badge on, and are sold directly by the clubs, or through large retailers such as Argos and Tesco.
They are looking to add a Graduate Product Manager to their Bedfordshire based children’s toy and sport range team. You will be dealing with international suppliers, meeting key retailers, and be involved in product development from concept to delivery. There is a lot of responsibility, with varied duties, some of which include:
• Helping ensure cost-effective sourcing and manufacturing.
• Working closely with Far East suppliers on material sourcing and development of samples before manufacture.
• Influencing the aesthetics of the product, ensuring they are representing the latest fashion trends within the market - for example conducting research into latest children's fashions and competitor analysis.
• Working with designers and engineers on new product innovations and bringing these to market
• Developing product related materials (e.g. packaging, photography, web content)
• Helping to coordinate global product developments and launches.
And lots more- its a role you can really make your own, and there is scope to progress.
A good product manager has knowledge of business, marketing and data analysis, together with strong communication and organisational skills. Although the role relates to products, you will not be involved with design and therefore a business or product management related degree would be ideal.
Based to the west of Luton and commutable from Milton Keynes, Aylesbury,
St Albans, Welwyn, Hemel Hempstead and surrounding areas.
Sound good? Please apply asap-the closing dates on our advertising are for guidance only and we always encourage early applications where possible.