Graduate Predictive Modelling Analyst
We’re anything but predictable
In fact, here at Virgin Money we’re doing our best to delightfully surprise everyone from our customers to our investors. The predictive modelling team plays a big part in that, by helping our risk colleagues make the right lending decisions and keeping the bank financially stable.
Are you a recent graduate looking for your first role in risk modelling? Due to continued growth in the team, we’re looking for a Predictive Modeller to come and be part of something really special. If you have a Maths, Statistics or other numerate degree and want a challenging role, then we want to hear from you.
You’ll join an experienced team who will support your development from day one. We’ll teach you about our bank, our models and train you in analytic tools e.g. SAS. You’ll have the opportunity to quickly become involved in risk modelling projects and begin delivering key analysis.
On any given day you could be:
- Supporting the design and development of Decision Scorecards, Capital and Impairment models.
- Offering insight and making recommendations that contribute to achieving best in class risk models.
- Supporting the continued development of a best practice modelling culture within the bank.
- Undertaking analysis to provide recommendations for model enhancements.
- Producing clear well written model documentation to support Independent Model Validation.
- Interacting with stakeholders across risk to provide insight into model enhancements.
- Producing MI to support reporting by managers and senior leaders, ensuring issues are escalated.
We’d love you to:
- Have a degree in a relevant numerate discipline.
- Be motivated by the challenge of retail risk modelling.
- Have an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Have the ability to analyse data to produce key business insights.
Are you model material?
We know you’ll work hard to keep us safe, so we’ll reward you with a double match pension scheme, life assurance, private medical cover, income protection, 27 days annual leave plus the option to purchase 3 more days and a flexible benefits scheme. You’ll also get exclusive membership to the Virgin Tribe and a shiny red card which will get you discounts across the Virgin Group and more. Oh and fancy running the Virgin Money Marathon? You only have to ask.
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne or Glasgow
Interviews for this role will be held w/c 23rd September.
Our aim is to nurture a skilled, diverse and committed workforce where every individual - regardless of background - can share our purpose, reach their potential and be rewarded appropriately for their contribution to our success. We’re also happy to talk flexible working with you.
Please be aware that all offers of employment are subject to pre-employment screening checks.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'