Graduate PHP Developer - London
Graduate PHP Developer - eCommerce Industry
You’ll support our team in developing and extending our data processing capabilities, that services clients across the Globe.
This role involves creating web agents to extract product data from client sites and to build data feeds and integrations, that support our clients and partners.
You will also be involved in the evolution of the software, service and systems.
This challenging role will require an intelligent candidate with strong web development skills, keen attention to detail and an eagerness to learn.
- Creation of web agents to extract product data from client sites
- Creation of custom data feeds and APIs
- Deployment and customisation of Commerce Data Management products
- Contribute to and improve our infrastructure for our data services
- Predominantly back-end development
- Become an expert on our services and support the team driving change
- You will have room to bring your own individual solutions to the table and impact our future.
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and find new ways of doing things. A team player who is proud of your work and wants to share with everyone! You like working in a fast-paced environment and are driven by the desire to improve the online purchasing experience for everyone, no matter what they are buying and from where! You will be client focused and be willing to be flexible when required to make them happy.
The techy bit….we need you to be really great at:
- Experience of developing back-end PHP applications
- Experience of writing complex MySQL queries
- Good foundation in OOP (Object orientated programming)
- Knowledge of Linux command-line and Bash scripting
- Knowledge of XML processing and tools including XPath
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of Node JS
- Experience of working with web services and data feeds
- Experience of deploying scalable web applications
- Experience with a distributed VCS, particularly git
- Knowledge of unit testing, particularly PHPUnit
- Knowledge of REST
- Understanding and troubleshooting performance issues on Linux systems
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Ideally educated to degree level, a Computer Science degree being most desirable
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is a new global eCommerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to make a big impact through eCommerce.
How? By creating outstanding websites and inspired shopper journeys. It’s why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Tempur, DFS, Boots, Xerox, Sainsbury’s, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.
Tell me more! We’re an inclusive group of more than 1350 thinkers and doers from WPP’s leading commerce agencies: Salmon, POSSIBLE Commerce and Gorilla Group alongside two Amazon specialists - all under the world-renowned Wunderman brand. Our reputation is based on having the best the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready sites, solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
With new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two other cool agency offices in Central London, we’ve got 20 locations mapped across Europe, North America and Asia.
As our business grows internationally, we’re seeking new people who share our values and work ethic.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'