This is an excellent opportunity for a Graduate with a couple of years experience under their belt. This SME Manufacturing and Production business works within the FMCG sector and are based near Manchester. They are looking to recruit a Graduate Operations Manager Trainee to grow within the business and develop into a member of the senior management team.
Michael Page are working along side an SME Manufacturing and Production Business within the FMCG Industry. At their site near Manchester they produce a variety of specialist products for several industries including Pharmaceutical, Food, Chemicals, Medical, Automotive and more.
Graduate Operations Manager Trainee Key Responsibilities:
To follow a management development programme gaining the knowledge and experience required for promotion to a management position under the direction and guidance of experienced personnel.
This is a hands-on development opportunity where you will work in each department to acquire a full understanding of each function and build credibility by doing the job you will one day manage.
- Receive training and perform duties in several departments such as Finance, Customer Support, Production, Purchasing, Sales, Marketing, Operations, HR, Quality and IT
- To gain a full understanding of the function and operation of each Department within the business
- Learn various line and staff functions, including operations, management viewpoints and company policies and practices affecting each area of business.
- Meet performance goals and objectives set by upper management and determined upon acceptance of position
- Lead or assist in special projects as set by upper management
- Report on a pre-determined basis on progress of goals and objectives
- Monitor performance progress with management and trainers
- Observe experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties
- Train in functions and operations of related departments to facilitate subsequent transfer-ability between departments and provide greater promotional opportunities
- Provide support as needed in the various departments, including reporting, data-entry, presentation creation, strategic planning, customer service as needed
- To fulfil other duties as reasonably required by a manager to support the functioning and smooth running of a department and the business
The Successful Graduate Operations Manager Trainee:
- Graduate - Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in an Operations/Production Environment
- A quick learner, motivated towards career growth within our business
- Excellent communicator with the ability to influence and interact effectively with a wide range of staff and customers
- Strong written, analytical and presentation skills
- Resourceful, well organised with demonstrable leadership potential
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
In this role you will be offered excellent training and hands on experience in a variety of departments including Finance, Customer Support, Production, Purchasing, Sales, Marketing, Operations, HR, Quality and IT, enabling you to gain a full understanding of the business.
£25,000 - £30,000
40 hours per week, 8am-5pm Monday- Thursday, 8am - 4.10pm on Fridays
- Operations Management
- Graduate Scheme