We are a technology company (Telecommunications, Networks & IT) in Telford that has been established for over 20 years. We are on the lookout for a confident, self-driven and hand-on 2nd to 3rd Line Engineer who loves technology and learning new things. The job involves supporting the internal/external network, desktop infrastructure and business applications with some 1st line support.
Network Telecom provides a wide variety of IT related services including broadband, hosting, maintenance, networking etc. As a Network Telecom employee, you will be the forefront for IT related installations and technical support. You will be required to provide internal based support for our existing infrastructure. As a Microsoft Gold Partner, you will be expected to have a broad knowledge of their existing products and simple deployments. This will be enhanced with in-house and external training as you progress through your career.
- Particular focus on design, deployment and lifecycle support for cloud and on premises IP Telephony deployments
- Gathering and interpreting customer requirements.
- Producing technical recommendations that meet customer needs.
- Engineering network infrastructure to supply local and wide area connectivity that supports our managed service delivery.
- Implementing new technology into existing environments or as part of new solutions.
- Providing early life support for new customer systems and facilitating training and handover to the Service Desk.
- Development of new and existing technologies to meet current and future business and customer needs.
- Taking ownership of escalations from the Service Desk to provide support for incidents and changes.
- Problem management, investigation and application of permanent fixes to reduce incidents and prevent recurrences of known issues.
Knowledge and Skills
The successful candidate must cover a wide range of skills and must be willing to maintain and develop knowledge regularly. Knowledge in the following areas within an ISP environment is important, however some training will also be provided.
- Solid understanding and troubleshooting of IPv4 including:
- Microsoft Servers
- Microsoft Exchange
- Cloud Backups
- Backup and DR
- IT Hardware
- MS SQL experience will be a bonus
- DNS, DHCP, NAT and VPNs
- WAN technologies such as MPLS
- IP telephony or Unified Communications
- Network monitoring tools such as Solar Winds, Highlight or other SNMP inspection methods.
Desirable skills / experience: Degree in an IT related subject with MCITP / MCSE / VCP qualifications and 3+ years’ experience. Immediate start available.
Proficiency in the following areas may be useful to the role.
- Practical understanding of Windows Server.
- Wireless technologies
About Network Telecom
Network Telecom, based in Hadley, Telford, Shropshire, are a very successful and progressive SME company operating within the telecommunications sector. We are now embarking on a growth strategy which will see considerable increases in business.
Network Telecom provides bespoke telecommunications solutions and account management to a wide variety of customers across the UK. They pride themselves on personal contact and the fostering of high quality sustainable relationships with clients, offering free and impartial advice on technology and tariffs, reducing customer costs and providing excellent technical support and service.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No agencies please.
- Cloud Computing
- Microsoft Servers
- Information Security
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'