Building Blocks help global companies solve complex problems with digital technologies. We work with clients to identify digital opportunities that will increase revenues, develop relationships and improve efficiencies. Our design, technical and operational expertise then put those opportunities into practice - rapidly, reliably and at global scale.
Building Blocks is part of Dept - an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 600 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier.
Dept is made up of the agencies TamTam, Expand Online, a friend of mine, Second Degree, Building Blocks, Studio Dumbar, Be Excellent, Trust Agents, Unskippable and ebrella. The network has 600 employees, a combined turnover of over €60 million, and offices in Germany, UK, US, the Netherlands and Spain.
Overall Purpose of the Role
All graduate developers joining Building Blocks start in the DOS (Digital Operations Services) Team. The DOS team form the foundations of Building Blocks as an organisation. The DOS team are responsible for supporting a large number of clients across an array of services from development of small scale projects, development of additional features to existing client sites, bug fixing, release management and technical support issues.
The DOS team is where you learn your trade. You will be given intensive training and support while you learn to deepen your technical skills and knowledge. You will be taught and work with the latest tools. This is a varied role where you will be working on a different piece of work each day.
- You will work on bug fixes and technical support issues
- You will provide work estimates to the DOS Technical Lead
- You will provide regular updates to the DOS Manager on your work
- You will provide support to the wider DOS team
- You will strive to look for better tools and techniques to introduce into the workplace
- You will deliver technical presentations to internal staff
- You will strive to continue to improve your craft
- You will ensure that client Technical Wiki’s are kept up to date
- You will ensure Building Blocks best practices are followed (Coding quality, security, scalability, performance etc.)
Technical/Specialist Skills and/or Experience
- Have a related degree e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Web Development
- Have had exposure to Microsoft .Net using C#
- Have experience of building websites and / or web applications
- Have an extreme attention for detail and strive for perfection
- You will be confident and happy to ask for help
- You will be happy working to deadlines to ensure project timelines are met
- You will be willing to go above and beyond to complete your work where necessary
- You will be self-motivated and able to manage your own workload
- Have knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Have knowledge of unit testing frameworks such as NUnit, MsTest etc
- Have knowledge of or worked with a CMS such as Tridion, Sitecore or FirstSpirit
- Have knowledge of MVC architecture and methodologies
- Have experience using source control (Git / SVN / BitBucket)
Our core principles
We do things properly - We always focus on delivering quality, no matter what the task. We don’t cut corners and always strive to find the right solution for every challenge. We work with integrity and are dedicated to delivering excellence across the entire business.
We aim to be the best - We’re all passionate about what we do, so we focus on continually improving for the good of both our own personal development and the goals of the business. We’re confident in our ability to take ownership, and tackle everything with a proactive mind-set.
We’re open and honest - We are always approachable and transparent with our communications. Our opinions are open, constructive and respected by all members of the team, and the clients we work with.
We trust each other - We all appreciate the contribution of each and every one of our colleagues. We treat each other with respect and dignity, and know that we can rely on each other to provide help, support and guidance whenever it’s needed.
We’re all in it together - We don’t believe in blame, just in finding solutions to tackle even the hardest of challenges. We all have individual areas of expertise, and our success comes from our consistent collaboration.
Salary and Benefits
Excellent package dependent on experience
No Recruitment Agencies
- Web Development