Mechanical Design Engineer for exciting role with an established UK engineering company. Working on an interesting product there is also lots of scope for career development. Serving the global market place the graduate engineer will be responsible for designing products & working closely with manufacturing and production in producing the final product. Manufacturing is on site and so an excellent opportunity to see the end result of design work!
With a good degree and ideally some commercial experience in an engineering capacity (design, support, manufacturing, project etc) you will receive superb on the job training. Experience in the area of any of the following highly beneficial; NVH, torsion and torque, tension, bending, stress / strain, polymers, thermosets, composites, materials, plastics & rubbers, suspension and vibration.
With the design, supply and construction of high spec engineering equipment the graduate mechanical engineer will be working with CAD layout and designs.
This team is growing and the successful Graduate Mechanical Engineer will move up the ranks within the Mechanical Design division as quickly as their skills will take them!
The Graduate Mechanical Engineer must have:
- BEng / MEng / BSc or similar
- Inventor or Solidworks or other CAD package, AutoCAD, 2D and 3D understanding
- Aptitude to implement engineering first principles
- Willingness to learn
The aim is that the Graduate Mechanical engineer will become a key member of the engineering team. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing development project plans
- Executing mechanical CAD design drawings
- Working to tolerances and basic GDT calculations
- Some FEA Analysis work
- Stress and vibration analysis
- Contributing to new product development
- Working closely with manufacturing
- Prepare and file the relevant documentation on company document management system
Excellent support and training provided!
Superb opportunity for a technical capable and bright degree educated Mechanical Designer!
Key words: Solid works, Inventor, FEA, CAD, AutoCAD, 2D, 3D, polymers, thermosets, composites, materials, plastics & rubbers, suspension and vibration.