Graduate Materials Technician
£20,000 to £25,000 dependent on experience + Overtime + Pension
Monday to Friday 37.5 hours
Graduate Materials Technician sought within growing specialist materials testing organisation offering comprehensive internal training and development with the potential for external courses and career progression to full Materials Engineer role.
The role will be suited to those with a degree level qualification in a mechanical engineering or science related discipline looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a forward thinking company looking to invest in staff to take the business forward. You will have at least an academic knowledge of the testing of non-metallic or composite materials, any working experience of materials testing will be advantageous but all relevant backgrounds will be considered.
The role will involve a broad spectrum of responsibilities including client liaison manufacturing and preparation of test equipment, execution of non-metallic materials tests, generation of reports and effective detailed feedback to clients. The tests carried out will include various applications for clients within the Aerospace, Automotive, Construction, formula one and energy sectors among others.
For the right person this will be an excellent opportunity as previous graduates have gone on to thrive at the organisation and continuous support will be given to the right person with the drive to improve.
The company have been established for 10 years and have been growing steadily and are set to experience a sustained steady growth with career progression for those who desire it.
The role in Brief:
* Manufacture required test equipment/tools for specific composite/non-metallic materials testing.
* Execute materials tests.
* Generate detailed reports.
* Communicate results to colleagues, management and provide effective feedback to customers.
* Use of Microsoft suite applications for the recording and collating of data and generation of reports.
* Effective communication and feedback of results to clients.
The Person Required:
* Hold a relevant degree level qualification or equivalent in a mechanical engineering or scientific discipline.
* Have an academic if not a working knowledge of non-metallic/composite materials testing.
* Looking to work in a hands on workshop based mechanical engineering capacity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'