Job title: Market Research Assistant
Department: Business Development / Marketing
A graduate ideally with circa 12 months experience with the desire to build a career in an innovative and high performing business overseeing a brand held in high esteem by the furniture industry. Experience gained from a sandwich degree will be considered.
Purpose of the job
To create and maintain our marketing contacts database and deliver market research materials to support business decision making.
The job title is 'Market Research Assistant' and the role is an essential part of the Business Development team where the successful candidate will be expected to work as part of multi-disciplinary teams and work autonomously to deliver agreed projects. It’s an excellent opportunity for someone with circa 12 months experience in a marketing or administrative role to gain experience and develop in a central, cross-functional position.
- Marketing Research. Support members of the Business Development team, Board and SMT as required to deliver market research to support business decision making. Activities could include research support for new product developments, new geographical markets and analysis of marketing campaigns.
- Marketing Database. Build and maintain the Marketing database from existing contacts across the Group and through working with the Group Marketing team on campaigns and events that can grow our numbers and understanding of our customers and end-users across our key markets (Product and Geography).
- New product introduction. Support new product launches, working with the Business Development team to research market data and help create compelling business cases for new initiatives.
- A&D Support. Work with the A&D team across the Group to build and maintain their contacts database, providing them with up to date names and job descriptions for their Top 10 target practices through desk-based research and purchasing of appropriate lists.
- Project Analysis. Review outcomes against objectives for major projects and marketing initiatives. Present results to major stakeholders and make recommendations for improvement including the acquisition of lists, reports or revised targets.
- Macro Data Analysis. Responsible for analysis and presentation of macro market data including CSIL reports for all vertical markets and geographies. Make recommendations for purchase of reports or subscriptions to professional bodies for provision of supporting data.
- Personal development. Responsible for developing and maintaining a Personal Development Plan with support from Marketing Service Manager and Director of Business Development. Identify personal and professional development areas and agree mechanisms to allow positive progress e.g. professional training courses, further education, project exposure and inter-departmental placement.
Education and experience
Degree or equivalent qualification in any relevant discipline.
At least one-two years experience in industry/commerce.
Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Able to work within multi-disciplinary teams of people on market research and database activities
Highly competent with Microsoft Office applications.
Able to manage multiple projects and prioritise.
Able to write English clearly and concisely.
Able to articulate own thoughts clearly and persuade others.
Able to lead decision making meetings without the formal structural authority.
Able to contribute to strategic direction/development.
Able to complete regular tactical tasks with accuracy and timeliness.
Be flexible over working hours and be prepared to travel occasionally.
A passion for research and accuracy
Thinks logically and conceptually.
Has confidence and 'presence’ to command attention and respect outside own department.
Willing to accept challenges, make decisions and take responsibility for results.
Has patience and persistence to work through temporary set-backs or rejection.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job