Job Title: Graduate Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Oldham, Greater Manchester
Salary: £28000 to £28560 Excellent Benefits Package
Hours: 37 Hours Per Week Monday To Friday
Graduate Manufacturing Engineer
Ideally you will be a graduate with 1 or 2 years experience within industry although HND will be considered. You will be a keen and ethusiastic individual with a passion for Engineering Manufacturing. Some experience of working as Production Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer would be beneficial but is not essential. You will have an analytical mind and have a grasp of lean methodologies. You will have the following skills, experiences and attributes...
- HND/Degree in relevant Engineering subject, preferably mechanical with 1 or 2 years experience within industry
- Understanding of Lean principles and production process mapping
- Can problem solve production issues and come up with Ideas to design and produce Jigs & Fixtures to resolve production issues
- Someone who is mainly mechanical but has a brief understanding of control systems and electrical/software controls
- Experience of providing engineering support in a manufacturing environment
- Lean manufacturing/automation experience (advantageous)
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams, and on solo projects
- Excellent communication skills
- IT skills - including CAD, 3-d modelling, MS Office Suite, SAP (desirable)
- Eligible to work in UK & Europe
Graduate Manufacturing Engineer
You will be responsible for providing day to day production engineering support for existing product lines, including fault finding on equipment, design of labels, improvement activities etc. Your main responsibilities will include...
- Provide engineering support and problem solving expertise.
- Constantly review ways to improve production productivity and application of lean/6 sigma processes.
- Lead, participate in and promote continuous improvement through SMED and lean principles within facility applying a suite of improvement tools such as 5S, SMED, Kaizen Event, Poka Yoke, VSM, etc.
- Ensure operational excellence principles are applied at all times.
- Contribute manufacturing technical expertise to new product design and introduction to manufacturing process.
- Plan and Manage specific work to tight timescales
- Resolve technical and QA issues.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment and equipment layout.
- Drive and facilitate advance manufacturing techniques (Automation).
- Provide technical engineering expertise to support manufacturing and NPI processes.
- Contribute to and/or manage concurrent projects in a cross functional environment.
- Working with colleagues to manage ongoing 'day to day' business as well as the Operational Excellence improvement projects.
- Introduce new systems/ways of working to maximise efficiency and cost savings.
- Increase problem solving skills and methodologies across the organisation.
Our client is a global engineering manufacturing company. They are the leader in their field and recognised globally for their products, service, technical ability, engineering, design, innovation, R&D and manufacturing systems. With clients across the aerospace, electronics, hydrocarbon processing, petrochemical, chemical, power generation, automated merchandising & transportation markets they have a wide influence spectrum & reach. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive & forward thinking organisation that can provide projects that will excite, challenge & push you to drive both the role & yourself to the next level. In return for this they can offer exciting career opportunities & development within a professional environment.
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on LinkedIn.