Company: Pareto Law
Job Title: Graduate Management Scheme - 9-12 month Year in Industry Placement
Location: Wilmslow or London
Salary: £19k Wilmslow (OTE £30k) £22.5k London (OTE £32.5k)
Sector: Sales Recruitment/Training
This role is specifically for undergraduates looking for a 9-12 month placement for their Year in Industry.
Pareto is the UK’s largest and most successful graduate assessment, placement and training organisation. We are market-leaders in our field, pioneering an innovative approach and a unique philosophy toward sales enhancement. Now, we are seeking top-level undergraduates to help shape the future of our business as we continue to expand. Joining Pareto Law means gaining access to some of the leading business to business sales organisations across the UK and abroad.
For graduates, we are recognised as the leading provider of lucrative careers in a fast paced environment and packed with rewards. Every year, we place thousands of successful candidates into their perfect graduate role. Whether they are looking for hundreds of like-minded graduates in a multinational blue-chip organisation or find their perfect fit within an entrepreneurial SME, Pareto has the access to a huge variety of leading companies in the UK and abroad.
Examples of clients
- Virgin Media
- Edmundson Electrical
- American Express
Graduate Management Team
Life at Pareto begins with our Graduate Management (GM) team. Following your initial induction and training on our recruitment and assessment day process, your typical day-to-day responsibilities will include:
Recruitment - Recruiting graduate candidates to assessment days; undertaking telephone interviews and providing pre-assessment support to identify potential sales talent and secure successful candidates
Assessment Days - Assisting with the running of our competency-based assessment centres, getting involved in the preparation, assessment and evaluation process to find the very best graduate sales talent
Bespoke Projects - Working with some of our largest clients such as Virgin Media, American Express, Barclaycard and BT as well as smaller clients from across a range of industry sectors, recruiting the right candidates to match their specific needs and market
Things you can expect during your year with Pareto:
- You will be working with a market leading, international company which will give you invaluable insight into the way a business works
- You will learn the responsibilities of project management - you will build and manage a portfolio of graduates
- You’ll see what it’s like to work with clients from SMEs to Global Blue Chip organisations (e.g. Virgin Media, Blackberry etc.) - sometimes working on projects worth over £100k!
- By the time you leave, you will have a wealth of commercial acumen as well as the ability to build strong relationships with ease
- You will have the opportunity to spend time with other areas of the business in quarterly rotations (e.g. Marketing, HR)
- You will have full exposure to our market leading training courses (e.g. The Fundamentals of Selling / High Impact Presentations)
- Trained on the Graduate Management function throughout your first few weeks at Pareto by the GM Team Leaders
- Full induction of the wider business, including inductions from Marketing and HR - which includes an insight into Pareto Perks - our award scheme for all employees
- In addition to on the job training, you will also receive modular training from our dedicated team of sales trainers, who have an invaluable wealth of experience from the corporate world
- Weekly 121 sessions with your Manager, as well as quarterly reviews with Directors from around the company
- Mentor scheme, giving you the benefit of working closely with an experienced member of the Pareto Team.
Culture and Incentives
- Competitive salary with a fantastic OTE
- Full bespoke training
- Company nights out of a quarterly, monthly and weekly basis!
What we are looking for
- Undergraduate preferably studying a Business related degree (this is not essential; all degree subjects considered)
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Competitive and self-driven
- Personable and confident
(Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact all applicants directly. If you haven’t heard from us within 28 days please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.)