Graduate Java Software Engineers - InsureTech
One of Londons most successful InsureTech businesses are looking for a fresh intake of graduate Java Software Engineers to join their organisation through the summer of 2018.
For graduates looking to work in a startup environment but with the security of corporate, this position offers the best of both worlds. Our client have developed a disruptive insurance platform, which has been taken up by a number of life insurance business across Europe, North America and in the Asian Pacific region.
In a typical day, you will be:
* Build and maintain software components using Grails and Groovy
- Document procedures and policies that relate to the IT systems that you support;
- Build software components to high standards, maintain unit tests and follow development procedures;
- Define the development lifecycle as part of Agile development methodologies
- Support deployments where necessary;
- Build health monitors and ensuring code performance meets agreed standards;
Our client are looking for 2017 graduates or 2018 soon-to-be graduates, ideally in Computer Science or Software Engineering. They are looking for minimum 2.1 grades, with sandwich year / internship experience in a commercial environment a huge advantage.
- Qualified to degree level (2:1 or above) in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Programming ability in one or more languages, Java + one other
- Organised, deadline focused and analytical
- An effective communicator with business customers at all levels including Senior Management
- Team player
- Passionate about technology and your own personal development
- Understanding of the insurance industry
- Groovy and Grails experience
- An understanding in building JVM based applications at scale
- Knowledge or experience of planning and implementing technologies which use Agile development processes, such as SCRUM
Oscar Technology Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job