The UK’s leading Purchasing Consultancy, currently has an excellent opportunity for a Graduate IT Support Technician to join their team in Hertfordshire.
As well as ongoing training and investment in development, this company has a relaxed professional environment with a focus on providing excellent customer service, in return they offer excellent employee benefits along with a competitive salary and achievable performance based bonus scheme.
Who are they looking for?
This role will suit someone of graduate caliber who is comfortable in dealing with people at all levels within the customer’s business, setting the agenda and driving meetings with confidence.
Candidates must have strong communication skills with the ability to help motivate people to change behavior, this can be achieved by passing on their enthusiasm for providing alternate IT solutions and cost. Providing IT support and recommendations is a key aspect of the role, so confidence in communication and presentation to stakeholders is ideal.
Qualification - IT degree educated (2.1 or above) or in a similar field such as computer science.
We are looking for the right person to provide IT support to their customers though various channels such as phone and email, resolving their issues in a timely manner.
You will be supporting our customers on a wide range of IT related projects and activities with a focus on installation, support and maintenance of networking architecture and servers.
The position is predominately based at our head office in Welwyn Garden City, however travel to customers’ sites will be required on both a planned and ad hoc basis.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Installation, deployment and operational support of network routers, firewalls, switches and servers
- Documentation of installation and maintenance projects.
- Network administration and security.
- Work directly with internal and external customers to troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues regarding networks, hosted telephony, servers and security.
- To provide a point of escalation for the Service Desk for any incidents and service requests relating to key business applications and services.
- Travel between offices and customer locations throughout the UK, with occasional periodic late evenings and weekends as required.
- Diagnosing and resolving of all technical and IT related issues.
- Providing customer desktop and server support. (where necessary out of hours)
- Contribution to a smart, cooperative, problem solving team in a fast paced environment.
- Detailed technical knowledge of network infrastructure, including VPN tunnels, MPLS networks and Firewall technologies.
- Experience with Server Administration, including VMWare, SQL, imaging and backups.
- Excellent Communication skills for conveying plans and participating in review meetings, within the company and with external vendors and resources.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows OS and Windows applications.
- Professional but friendly approach with a can do attitude.
- Logical approach to diagnostic and ability to prioritise work load.
- A good understanding of end user and desktop hardware computing,
- Experience in SIP, telecommunications systems, Converged Networks and understanding of voice protocols.
- Understanding of Dealer Management Systems such as Autoline or Pinewood.
- Exposure and use of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft 365.
- Exposure to Apple and iOS products in the workplace.
- Experience or knowledge of ITIL methodologies and service management would be beneficial.
The company is looking to bring someone in and help develop a career in IT, through on the job training and support in achieving qualifications through courses.
- IT Courses such as, GDPR, networking, Security and Data.
- On the job training using the training tools we have onsite.
- Attending seminars of our suppliers to ensure we are update to date on the latest trends.
The aim is that the successful applicant will move from an IT Support Technician to an IT Management level over the course of time through their professional development and achieving the desired results.
- Growing consultancy, excellent career potential within an expanding team.
- The successful candidate will be trained on how to audit sites, produce written reports, and gain a greater understanding of the IT estate we provide our customers.
- Staff development training - They offer several training opportunities to all staff members to develop and hone their skills in many business areas, including Customer Service.
- Employee / Company pension contribution up to 5% each
- Company discount voucher scheme
Salary: Starting from£25,000-£30,000 depending upon experience / qualifications. Guaranteed 1st year bonus of £2000 p/a paid quarterly. Position includes a company car.
If you are looking for a company that values its employees, somewhere to personally develop and forge a career, please apply with your CV and a covering letter.
Despite our best efforts it is not always possible to respond to every application individually due to the high volume of responses we receive on each vacancy
Only candidates who are short listed will be contacted for this particular role and if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume that you have not be successful. However, we will keep your details on our database, and will contact you when other suitable positions come in.
- Network Infrastructure
- Graduate Level