Job type: Permanent, although applications for a temporary role will be considered
Benefits: Pension, Private Healthcare after probation period, 20 days’ holiday, plus public holidays, plus your birthday
ABOUT INSTANT ON IT:
We are an established and successful IT services company based in central London. Our job is to make our SME clients’ IT work seamlessly, as well as being our trusted advisor when it comes to new IT developments, including the latest email, collaboration and file sharing cloud technologies. As we build on our success, we are currently looking to expand our highly credible technical team.
You are aself-starter with areal passion for learning. The idea of working for agrowing London-based business excites you and being part of agreat team is important to you. You're ageek at heart and love to play around with the latest technologies. You get abuzz from solving problems in abusy environment and you understand the importance of excellent client service, which means you can also give simple explanations without using IT Jargon. You believe that the world can be abetter place through the effective use of IT, and want to help make that happen.
THE GRADUATE IT SUPPORT ROLE:
An exciting opening in our service team with the opportunity for real progression. In this role, you will provide remote technical support, as part of a team, for all of our clients. You will be expected to demonstrate a strong work ethic when it comes to managing issues, have a keenness to learn and develop an appreciation for the various client cultures and requirements. We have a Graduate Training Programme in place which runs for the first two years of your time with us. This ensures you are developing core skills for your future career in IT support and spans both company funded external training as well as in-role experience objectives. We also carry out regular one to ones and six monthly performance reviews, providing a regular opportunity for two-way feedback.
RESPONSIBILITIES BY END OF YEAR 1:
- Achieve the objectives set out within year 1 of the Graduate Training Programme, with a view to progressing on to year 2 Programme objectives.
- Target zero customer chase ups on issues and achievement of SLAs. Deliver excellent customer interaction via our online ticketing system and by telephone, being confident in prioritising issues and escalating as appropriate. Demonstrate responsible management of issues.
- Demonstrate increased independence, ownership and foundation skills, which could then be extended to working as part of the client team for specific clients, and working at client premises as required. Other extended responsibilities may include, for example, greater involvement with on-site to cloud based conversions, Private cloud based deliverables and office moves.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers, vendors and maintainers to complete tasks.
- Talk confidently with clients about a range of technologies, bringing in team specialists and consultants as required.
- Gain clients’ trust in terms of ownership of issues through to completion, providing prompt updates and delivering against any commitments made to clients.
- Understand technologies and how they fit together, including a more developed understanding of a specific technology, for example Office 365, Firewalls, Internet setup, Citrix Desktops, Office 2016, SQL Server, VMware.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- A solid academic background in IT/ computer related, physics, maths or engineering discipline, possibly combined with business.
- 6-18 months’ industry experience (work placement or post-graduation).
- Basic understanding of the following: Hardware and peripherals including PCs, laptops and printers, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Server, Networking including LAN, WAN, firewalls and routers, Applications/software, Citrix.
- Great interpersonal skills and an excellent telephone manner.
- A methodical approach to problem solving.
- An ability to engage professionally and deliver an exceptional client experience at all times.
- An ability to work under pressure and respond to tight deadlines whilst prioritising workload.
- Personal accountability for on-time deliverables and delighting clients.
- Demonstration of tenacity and character - for example via the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
- A client centric attitude and a continual focus on end user experience.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- IT qualifications and certifications would be a big advantage.
- Previous experience in an IT Support related role would be a bonus.
To apply for ths role please click 'apply now' and complete the application form as soon as possible and by 26/02/2018 at the latest.
We endeavour to respond to all applications submitted, however, due to the large numbers of responses we receive; it may not be possible for us to respond to every application. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 7 days of the deadline, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note: Your personal details will be processed only as part of our recruitment and selection process, and in line with data protection legislation. Instant On IT will only keep necessary candidate details on file for as long as we are legally required to do so, unless agreed otherwise with you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job