Graduate Intern- Children's Project officer
£10.92 per hour Umbrella PAYE
This internship will be a project support officer post in the Shared Children’s Services Department for the tri borough. The graduate will work on a number of key projects for the department.
Once a project is completed the candidate will support similar pieces of work within the Children’s Department.
The postholder(s) will be based in the portfolio team within the Finance and Resource Directorate and line managed there, reporting to project managers through matrix management as required.
Key tasks and deliverables
· Supporting, co-ordinating, and delivering activities within projects as directed by the Project Manager(s). Work stream lead(s) and Project Sponsors, within their required timescales.
· Specific activities within this may include
o Arranging and noting project meetings
o Creating key products for a project
o Creating and updating key project documents, including the Project briefs, definition project plans, risk logs, issues logs , Stakeholder maps
o Collating information, and presenting / communicating this to stakeholders
o Collecting and maintaining data in a consistent form (using sharepoint)
o To deliver administration and support of systems around HR processes (recruitment, selection and interview activities). Working closely with line managers and HR/workforce team to ensure the effective delivery of recruitment compling with policy and best practice guidelines
Technical and Job Specific Requirements
· Experience in managing and delivering pieces of work / projects accurately and to time
· Able to collate complex information, and present / communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups both internally and externally at all levels and inspire confidence
· Able to learn quickly, understand complex organisational problems and provide innovative solutions, originating beneficial change to deliver improvements
· Able to work under pressure, organising and prioritising workloads to meet deadlines
· Confident in working constructively and energetically with others to ensure work is delivered within agreed deadlines
· Passion for detail and the ability to deliver to agreed time, budget and quality goals
· Strong IT skills including experience of using Sharepoint, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Highly proactive, motivated individual and who is able to work well under pressure.
· High level administration and organisational skills to develop and implement the required HR support system and processes
· Confident communication skills in order to build relationships with managers, staff and liaise with external agencies
General competences / behaviours
· Managing time, resources and competing priorities in a structured, effective way
· Understanding the way things get done within the three authorise. Being sensitive to organisational culture and subcultures, power relationships, politics and personalities and shaping your approach accordingly
· Interprets and analyses information and problems, and seizes opportunities to implement innovative/creative solutions
· Conveying information and arguments clearly, improving understanding and fostering engagement and support
· Fostering rapport, mutual respect and cooperation with colleagues, customers/clients/partners in pursuit of common interests
· Being open, positive and responsive to changes in the work environment and working practices and making a contribution to the facilitation of successful organisational change
· Maintaining the highest possible standards of performance, striving to get things right the first time
· Maintaining focus, drive and energy to see things through and deliver the highest possible standards for our residents
· Guiding, motivating and supporting individuals and teams towards the achievement of common goals
Please note Brampton Group can only offer an Umbrella Rate for this position
Job Type: Contract
Salary: £10.92 /hour
- social care
- project officer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job