Graduate Insurance Pricing Analyst
Pricing Analyst - Graduate - Surrey
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's leading personal lines insurer in a graduate pricing analyst role, using your analytical skills to drive the decisions that ensure the success of the business. Pricing Analysts make extensive use of data, statistical and quantitative analysis to drive decision-making and improve the profitability of the company. They work on a variety of analytical projects across all brands, products and channels to track, understand and improve business performance. We can only consider mathematics, statistics, Physics, or similar graduates with a first class degree or 2:1, and good A-level results within Mathematics.
- Build risk and pricing models to improve the profitability of the business
- Investigate any unexpected movements in sales and claims statistics and analysing suggesting changes to help improve sales and claims performance
- Suggest and implement changes to prices which improve loss ratios, average premiums and/or conversion / retention rates
- Recommend changes to prices and underwriting criteria to the pricing committee to help achieve volume and profit targets across all products, channels and brands.
- Undertake analysis work to understand, monitor and improve all aspects of business performance, including conversion, retention, loss ratios, risk modelling and rate analysis.
- Provide analytical support to the business for all brands, products and channels to ensure that the right pricing decisions are made and that a profitable book of business is written.
- Develop and carry out tasks that support and direct the business strategy, such as risk modelling, demand modelling and loss ratio projections.
- Responsible for ensuring all work is accurate, relevant and communicated appropriately to managers and senior managers.
- Undertake ad-hoc project work as and when requested by other parts of the business ensuring that the results are communicated appropriately. The results provided will be used to help solve business problems and/or make strategic business decisions.
- You MUST have a minimum of a 2:1 in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or similar mathematically focused subject, perhaps supported by an MSc.
- It would be highly advantageous to have experience in an analysis role, ideally within a commercial environment.
- Highly computer literate with in-depth knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS, SAS, R, Python). Previous experience of EMBLEM, ResQ and/or @Risk would be advantageous.
- Proven experience of applying multivariate statistical techniques (e.g. Regression (GLMs), Clustering, CHAID) to business problems.
- A well organised and logical approach, with attention to detail and good communication skills are essential as is the ability to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of how the business works and performs
- It is imperative that you are a confident, and personable communicator who is able to explain the 'so what' of complex data and technical information to a non-technical audience
If you are a recent graduate with a drive to get into the insurance industry as a pricing analyst, fitting the above criteria, I would like to hear from you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"