Graduate Hardware Engineer
We are looking for a Graduate Hardware Engineer to join our Avionics and Electronics division, reporting to the Hardware Team Leader. Our safety critical certified design and development processes (DO-178 and DO-254) combined with mature quality processes (AS9100) means that we offer a range of airborne recording and air data computing products and services which are world-class and you could be a part of this too!
By working with our experienced hardware design engineers, you will learn to implement all aspects of the electronic design and development process, from initial concept through to the completion of sealed data packs.
The Avionics business unit were recently awarded Silver accreditation against the Investors in People Standard, demonstrating our dedication to high performance through good people management. We have proven we know what it takes to lead, support and manage people effectively to achieve sustainable results.
We would consider applications from both recent graduates and those expecting to graduate this year.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate individually and as part of an integrated project team in the design of the Company's products.
- Ensure allocated tasks are completed in accordance with the applicable project plan.
- To review job processes to achieve continuous improvement.
- To ensure all actions are in accordance with Company procedures.
- To write formal design documentation. For example, hardware requirements specifications, hardware conceptual design documentation, hardware test specifications and test reports.
- Suggest and introduce new processes and ensure the benefit of this knowledge is realised within their design solutions.
- To undertake new technology evaluation and introduction in product designs.
- To accept technical responsibility for allocated tasks.
- To attend and actively contribute to the effective operation of applicable design reviews.
- To assist Production Engineering in the introduction of equipment into manufacture in a cost effective and timely manner.
Qualifications / Experience
- Educated to Degree level in an appropriate technical subject.
- Familiar with small Microprocessor and microcontroller systems.
- Familiar with Schematic design using ORCAD or similar package.
- Familiar with Op Amp level analogue & DC-DC PSU design.
- Familiar with design for EMC.
- Some FPGA design and simulation (eg Modelism) in VHDL experience would be advantageous.
- Flexible and able to complete Environmental Testing to standards such as RTCA/DO-160, including detailed test specification and report writing.
- Some knowledge of Aerospace technology.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'