Graduate Geotechnical Engineer- Rugby
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic Graduate Geotechnical Engineer / GeoEnvironmental to join a leading UK multi-disciplinary consultancy working on projects across the UK. This role is based in Rugby.
The successful candidate will have at least 1 years' experience in the geotechnical or geoenvironmental roles and will join an experienced team to work on a wide variety of Geotechnical projects, completing Ground Investigations, Soil and Rock Logging and technical report writing.
Having experience within a Geo-Environmental role is desirable but is not essential.
As a Graduate Geotechnical Engineering Contractor, you will be expected to:
- Report directly to the Project Manager
- Visit sites, predominantly within the South Wales and South West regions, with the potential to work on international projects
- Monitor site activities
- Collect data for interpretation and analysis
- Plan and supervise Ground Investigations
- Trial pitting
- Supervise rotary drilling rigs
- Complete Soil and Rock Logging in accordance with the relevant specifications
- Conduct In-situ testing and sampling to the correct standards
- Maintain accurate field records
The ideal candidate will demonstrate self-motivation, enthusiasm and the ability to work well within a team and as an individual.
As you will be visiting sites, a UK drivers licence is required and access to your own vehicle.
Further requirements include:
- A strong degree within a relevant Geotechnical discipline, such as Geology or Geography
- Have a thorough understand of Ground Investigations, including techniques, procedures, standards and specifications
- Health & Safety legislation awareness
- Must be PC literate, including the use of the Microsoft package, specifically Excel
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to write technical reports
- Be flexible and able to demonstrate commitment to the company and professional progression
In return, you will receive training, a competitive salary with benefits and excellent progression opportunities within a well-established and respected Consultancy.
This is an excellent opportunity for graduates to gain hands-on site experience within an environmental consultancy, with opportunities to progress in to consultancy position to complete interpretive reporting and design work.
This role will offer a competitive salary, benefits package and a great personal development and progression plan within a young, dynamic, and vibrant Geotechnical and Environmental consultancy.
If this role is of interest to you or if you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Howells on or email .
We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'