Being a key member of the finance team, the successful candidate will oversee their clients accounts, including monthly reporting, purchase and sales ledger and statutory reporting.
The successful candidate will also assist the Finance Director on a daily basis in managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To manage and oversee client accounts, ensuring all are up to date and online with current legislations; including uploading documents to HMRC and Companies House
- Prepare and review accurate and timely monthly management accounts on behalf of clients
- Final accounts preparation - including journals, prepayments and accruals
- Preparation and management of annual and event budgets
- Purchase Ledger - inputting invoices and raising payments
- Sales Ledger - raising sales invoices and credit notes
- Credit Control
- Reconciling income and expenditure
- VAT Returns - review and submit to HMRC
- Provide support to the Finance Director and external accountants, undertaking clerical tasks such as typing, filing, making phone calls, handling mail and basic bookkeeping
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the finance
- Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, sometimes assisting with financial reporting to managers and senior executives
- Respond to and follow up all Client enquiries by telephone and email within 24 hours
- Ensure client folder on and offline are well organised and up to date
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions
- Support other members of the team whenever there is capacity to help.
Qualifications and Skills
Experience and knowledge in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Outlook.
The ideal candidate will have experience using the finance software Xero and be AAT Level 3 qualified.
Self-driven, motivated, creative and with an excellent attention to detail. An ability to think ahead and anticipate situations. Comfortable in dealing with senior big company executives and junior staff and suppliers. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Able to get on with others and be a team-player. Well- presented and business-like in all forms of communication.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'