The jobholder will work closely with the Finance and Operations departments, to provide commercial analysis for the European retail region to provide a business partnering service to support the commercial teams in driving profitability in the retail channel. The jobholder has responsibility for preparing accurate and timely analysis and reports to support the decision makers in the business. The jobholder should be drive to identify efficiency's to help drive the business forward.
Nature and Scope of Position
- Support the retail teams by providing sales variance analysis and scorecards to measure performance
- Prepare the full price and markdown analysis
- Prepare relevant KPIs to ensure key business drivers optimise performance and decision making ability
- Prepare analysis of retail data including promotional activity and store performance trends
- Propose and prepare cashier sales incentives to drive sales
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Providing assistance in preparation of monthly retail accruals
- Enhance existing management information reports to ensure that the reports provide adequate information and meet business requirements
- Perform analysis of Retail Gross Profit Margins and investigate variances to budget
- Prepare key analysis on discounts, returns and other key items that impact the gross profit margin
- Other ad hoc duties as directed by the Retail Commercial Finance Manager
Budget and Forecasting
- Provide support to the EMEA Finance team in preparation of the budget and forecast including setting up of reports and ad hoc preparation of forecasts for specific profit and loss line items
- Provide support in the preparation of the budget presentation
Coordination and Relationship Management
- Build a relationship with the area managers to provide ad hoc support
- Build and maintain relationships with all the service providers including the shared service centre, external auditors, accountants and lawyers.
Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities
The ideal candidate profile should be degree-educated; working towards a professional qualification. This is an entry level position however some work experience such as a placement year is desirable.
The candidate should be a team player and driven to identify efficiency's both in the tasks the jobholder performs as well as in the EMEA region as a whole.
If you are interested in applying for this fantastic position please click apply or email
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job