My clients operations covers a variety of main areas: Contracting, Reactive maintenance (for council owned properties and housing associations), as well as Property Development.
The business was formed in the 70s and is still privately owned. Today they employ over 300 people across the business.
Over the past 40 years they have built, renovated and extended many hundreds of schools, hospitals, leisure facilities, offices, houses and other public buildings in the region.
It currently has long term Responsive Repair contracts with housing associations and councils located across the UK.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
As a Graduate Estimator you will assist with all estimating aspects of a bid, helping to ensure that high quality, competitive proposals are delivered to the customer in line with the Management Systems.
You will establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with customers, partners and the Bid Teams.
The Graduate Estimator will follow a development programme that will equip you with the skills needed to become a business leader of the future. Throughout the years, you’ll be supported by your line manager and have the opportunity to attend graduate-based events,
Where you will work with your peers, develop interpersonal skills and share best practice. You will join a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
- Prepare competitive tenders/estimates from drawings, schedules provided by our clients and information collated by the contracts managers from initial site visits.
- Understand commercial and contractual matters within the tenders/estimates.
- Prepare documents for tender/estimates for the return dates and issue to our clients.
- Prepare documents/paperwork as necessary prior to commencement of works.
- To comply with all construction Health & Safety requirements.
- To act as an ambassador when dealing with clients.
- Any other duties deemed to be commensurate with the post.
* Full training provided
* Estimation of mechanical products
* Office based (no travel)
SALARY: - 20-24k
HOLIDAY: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
HOURS OF WORK: 08:30am- 17:30pm
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Graduate Recruitment