Graduate Environmental Health Officer
Becoming a Graduate Environmental Health Officer with Capita Property and Infrastructure:
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for a recent graduate to join our busy North Tyneside based team as a Graduate Environment Health Officer. This role is wide ranging in it's duties and allows the successful candidate to get exposure to all aspects of the role, honing skills and developing professional expertise whilst being supported by a knowledgeable and experienced team.
Capita are passionate about enabling emerging talent and giving graduates and apprentices opportunities to find themselves in an environment which appreciates their skillset whilst at the same time investing in them to give them the best opportunities possible.
What you'll be doing:
- To assist with the enforcement of duties undertaken by the service area as directed such as
- The inspection of premises under the Environmental Permitting Regulations
- The administration and monitoring of local air quality management
- The investigation of statutory nuisance complaints
- The inspection of domestic and commercial premises, land and activities of commercial enterprises
- The inspection of ships and relevant commercial premises within the Port Health boundaries and the delivery of imported food official controls
- To provide education to consumers and traders in civil or criminal matters related to the professional post assigned, including talks, lectures, attendance at trade meetings and to represent the service at public meetings and external forums.
- To form part of Special Investigations Teams as required.
- To undertake such personal and professional development as is required to attain the required competency level for an Environmental Health Officer. The post holder will work towards chartered status of Environmental Health Institute the relevant professional body.
- To undertake or assist with such duties as may be assigned from time to time including the performance of duties outside normal working hours.
What we're looking for:
- MSc or BSc (Hons) in Environmental Health or a similar equivalent and relevant qualification or higher
- Competent knowledge of the Environmental Health profession and have gained or have the aptitude to work towards EHRB Certificate of Registration /Chartered Environmental Health practioner status.
- Acceptable knowledge of Environmental Health legislation
- To act in a courteous and responsive manner at all time
- To act in a professional manner at all times
- Ability to negotiate and communicate
About Capita Local Public Services
Capita Local Public Services delivers a wide range of specialist services to local authorities, schools, academies and other public sector organisations, including IT and digital transformation, customer management, revenues, benefits, finance, property development and regulatory services, education support and back office processing.
Capita Local Public Services are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We're supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We're always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary £20,000
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact Jo Robinson via email at
<img src="http://maps/api/staticmap?center=NE270BY&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=NE270BY&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
- Science Graduate
- Graduate Environmental Health
- Property Graduate
- Public Service Graduate
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'